What's new

59 F-100

64Trvlr

KK7NAZ
Member Number
Loc
Northern AZ
Started out on Pirate around 2000 and I've still got my Willys wagon.

I picked up a new to me 59 F100 truck so I thought I'd stop by and say hi.

59 Ford F100, 292, 4speed, divorced transfer case, closed knuckle 44 front, 9" rear, fleetside.

So far I've filled 2 dumpsters to the lid with cholla, sticks, packrat shit and other trash. I'm finally gaining on the clean up. Anyone got any ideas on getting rid of the packrat piss smell?

So far I've got new tires and wheels on it, all the stuff for a tune up and carb rebuild along with a new voltage regulator and horn relay. New battery should be here next week.

I'm posting/reposting some of the pics I have.

378.jpeg

380.jpeg

10588.jpg

385.jpeg

10587.jpg

10586.jpg

10589.jpg

Nice score :smokin:

When you've got it all out, take the seat out steam clean it and let it sit in the sun, car wash the rest, a bunch

I'm sure there's a chemical that helps, I used bleach water and sunlight and put a couple back on the road

Lmk if you find something better, got another one on deck

What wheels are you planning on running? I might be able to help you make a set

I've never been in a truck cab of this era so this may not work for you for various reasons.

The rats get everywhere, including above the headliner (if it has one) and up inside the A and B pillars. The best method we've used is to strip the interior down to nothing and pressure wash everything. And I mean everything. Under the dash, up the pillars, drill drain holes in the cab corners, etc. Then scrub everything down with simple green or purple power or something. The smell will subside when you've cleaned all of the piss out. It's just that the piss is everywhere, even in places you wouldn't think they can get to.

I really really love the look of this truck. It has the perfect stance to match its patina. Nice find!

Started out on Pirate around 2000 and I've still got my Willys wagon.

I picked up a new to me 59 F100 truck so I thought I'd stop by and say hi.

59 Ford F100, 292, 4speed, divorced transfer case, closed knuckle 44 front, 9" rear, fleetside.

So far I've filled 2 dumpsters to the lid with cholla, sticks, packrat shit and other trash. I'm finally gaining on the clean up. Anyone got any ideas on getting rid of the packrat piss smell?

So far I've got new tires and wheels on it, all the stuff for a tune up and carb rebuild along with a new voltage regulator and horn relay. New battery should be here next week.

I'm posting/reposting some of the pics I have.

378.jpeg

380.jpeg

10588.jpg

385.jpeg

10587.jpg

10586.jpg

10589.jpg
When I got my scout it has about a foot of rat shit and nesting stuff all over the floors. Basically everywhere. I pressure washed it and scrubbed it down with simple green, it got the smell out.

Sweet. What is the goal for the truck? stock-ish, BGMT, mid wheeler?

I dig this ride. It run and drive?

Thanks, I'm hoping it will be running and driving in a week or so.

On the outside all I plan to do is new tires and a new 2"x6" tube bumper to replace the swiss cheese 59 step bumper on it now.

Thanks, you're down by Sahuarita right? I got it up off Orange Grove and LaCholla. :grinpimp:

I'm in Marana, but I've gotten a lot of cars out of that Casas Adobe and oro Valley neighborhood, all with pack rat damage:laughing:

Keep the pics and updates coming, I've got a soft spot for those trucks, they mixed "class" and "brute " perfectly:grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh