What's new

4cyl to a442f ??

Crashhawk

That Guy
Member Number
Loc
Ky
Simple question I haven't been able to find an answer to; what would it take to mate either an R or RZ 4cyl to an a442f trans?

Background is I'm planning on putting together a small lightweight buggy for the wife on the cheap. I've got a 94 lc80 for axles and drivetrain, I'd like to use the auto and gear/spool the case but I don't want to deal with the 1fz size and weight.

I’m not aware of any adapters. It’s possible the Australian market has something. What motor are you planning on using?

Hadn't nailed it down, probably a 3rz.

The more I get into it though, I'll have more trouble handling gearing on the back side. If I've got to go to all types of adapters on both ends, I'll end up switching plans.

The A442F/HF2AV is not exactly a small/light combo either, if you're looking to build small/light. ;)

The A442F/HF2AV is not exactly a small/light combo either, if you're looking to build small/light. ;)

True, but the price was the driver there.

Honestly, I'll probably go with what I find quickest and cheapest. I'd like to stay mostly Toyota, but a tracker or sami drive train would fit the bill. The only thing I'm pretty set on is the axles.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh