What's new

380 in 9mm ?

Splib

Rusty Spoons
Member Number
Loc
Marsh
I caught a loaded primed 380 auto in my batch of 300 9x19. So it was a 9mm load of 4.6g Win244 and 115g plated Berrys bullet. Has anyone witnessed or experienced such a round mistakenly fired ? Obviously the case is short and it is supposed to seat on the rim. So thats not happening. What's next ?

I got a 9x18 stuck in a 9x19. It didn't even chamber.
images (1).jpeg

Thats a Makarov round, right ? Isnt that a larger diameter ? Yeah Gew Gull and shit.

Yep that's a .365 caliber projectile. If you had dropped in a .355 Luger bullet you could have partied, I think.

Yeah, but this place is so special...... And no one starts out their bullshit with " Hey guys, this Angus Again ":flipoff2:

Youtube Unreal. 20 seconds of AR blasting, including from an open car window as the intro. Then, High Guys. :mr-t: Glock boy shoots 380 out of his Model 17 and no splinters. Fails to eject or cycle. His discussion is ignorant. Maybe you can comment on this. The 9x19 and 380 cartridges headspace, seat on the case MOUTH. This holds shit together when the pressure gets goin. The 9 is secured, it rests on, at or very close to the chamber lip. Not like a rimmed round like a 38 special or Mosin, or on the shoulder like a 308 Win. The 380 will not come close. About a DeWalt blade kerf off. So the case moves, cant say much more than this. And this is my amateur best guess. The fired 380 case blows one direction or the other, which could allow the primer to blast out releasing gas. Or not. ???

Youtube Unreal. 20 seconds of AR blasting, including from an open car window as the intro. Then, High Guys. :mr-t: Glock boy shoots 380 out of his Model 17 and no splinters. Fails to eject or cycle. His discussion is ignorant. Maybe you can comment on this. The 9x19 and 380 cartridges headspace, seat on the case MOUTH. This holds shit together when the pressure gets goin. The 9 is secured, it rests on, at or very close to the chamber lip. Not like a rimmed round like a 38 special or Mosin, or on the shoulder like a 308 Win. The 380 will not come close. About a DeWalt blade kerf off. So the case moves, cant say much more than this. And this is my amateur best guess. The fired 380 case blows one direction or the other, which could allow the primer to blast out releasing gas. Or not. ???

Try, shoot. Report back use English. Gun talk, sentence frag. Go fuck 9 barrel no touchy rim.

My shit happened because of range pick ups and personal failure to catch the little SOB. Good to know it is not catastrophe. And :flipoff: to the A-hole that left 9x19 Turkish Milsurp crimped primer cases. Didn't catch those until they went through, didnt go through actually the turret press primer set up. :laughing:

My wife used to have a 380 and we have a turd Taurus G3C and was shooting them both at the same time. Both the 9mm and the 380 ammo boxes look the same except the labels on the end. Loaded up a 9mm magazine with 380 and went to town. It shot out of the barrel fine but would not fully eject the casing. It would stove pipe a lot of them. I was wondering what was wrong with that Taurus turd now. Lol

Had a friend of mine get a couple 380 rounds mixed in with his 9mm .Loaded them in a mag for his Walther 9mm, both of the 380's fired ok but neither one ejected correctly. Factoryammo.

I got a .380 case mixed in with a PILE of 9mm brass once. It just rode the primer up and out of the shell plate on my Dillon. I think your odds of it firing in a gun depend on the individual round and gun.

Lots of people in internet land shoot 40S&W out of their 10mms, because 10mm is expensive, but 40 sucks.
The extractor holds the bullet against the slide face enough for the firing pin to touch off the primer.

I don't do it, but plenty of people have.
I would keep an eye out for the 380 brass, but wouldn't be the end of the world if you fire it in the 9mm.
Would probably be bad if you ran the 9mm powder charge through a 380.

Thanks. I realize that it's not the big wammy I thought it might be. The Ka Booms happed with 2x pistol charges or pistol powder in a bottle neck rifle case.

Lots of people in internet land shoot 40S&W out of their 10mms, because 10mm is expensive, but 40 sucks.
The extractor holds the bullet against the slide face enough for the firing pin to touch off the primer.

I don't do it, but plenty of people have.
I would keep an eye out for the 380 brass, but wouldn't be the end of the world if you fire it in the 9mm.
Would probably be bad if you ran the 9mm powder charge through a 380.
I did it just to see if it would work in a pinch. My G20 ate it all.

Top Back Refresh