What's new

$300 plasma cutter

I've had this stupid thing for 5+ years. I bought it for one job and figure if it got though that I'd care less if it died. Think I paid $200

Every time I reach for it I am in some sort of hateful situation where I just abuse the hell out of it. It still works just like day 1 after countless miserable tasks. Eats consumables but they are cheap. Each time I plug it in i'm expecting it to blow up in my face but it just keeps going. I was blindly stabbing at rusty sheetmetal last night with it in disbelief that it still worked.

IMG-7426.jpg

Anyone use the Primeweld CUT50D?

I have a bunch of 3/16” plate to cut, and a 220 welder outlet. I’ll probably not touch a plasma cutter again for a year after that, so I don’t want to spend brand name money.

I have a cut 50. 3/16 and below are its bread and butter. 1/4+ are not exactly fast and 3/4+ is pretty miserable

This one from Amazon has had some decent reviews on YouTube, and is $199 using their discount coupon. It is a lift start. (BTC500 5th Generation 50Amp) It also has the higher amp torch.

They have a pilot arc version with higher output, but is $350 with coupon.

I'm almost tempted to buy, as I spent more on consumables for my older Miller plasma than this thing cost, and the consumables for the import one are WAY cheaper even if they don't last as long.

I have the Lotos Cut 50F. It's 3ish years old. Cost was $270something. I've cut A LOT of 1/4 plate and 16 guage with it. Some 3/8. For the money, if it died today, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

I've got this one. Had it a couple of years now and it's done everything I need it to in the shop. Friend was so impressed cutting plate, he bought one too. Cheap enough. I did add a longer ground so I could use it to cut suspension parts under trucks.

Works well, way better than that overpriced hunk of shit Everlast 60 amp.
Only bad is no low air pressure safety so it'll burn up the tips.

Top Back Refresh