What's new

3 link front end

Beattintop

Member Number
I’m working on 3 linking my front end. I have my lower links at the axles pushed out as wide as possible to get the most triangulation. Would it be ok to cut the frame mounts to have the jam nuts exposed, since they are binding on the mounts. Or should I ditch the triangulation and bring them closer together? This is my first 3 link so It’s been taking me a long time getting everything set exactly how I want it.

ED76228F-EF42-4358-911B-DC422C723D22.jpeg

4598CC4D-8DE1-4F56-8BBD-76613930D0DD.jpeg

8F6CA96A-1CC6-477C-B37D-41A9875D4E1E.jpeg

7607A7F8-AC6A-41D3-A365-F78E602D2E47.jpeg

Lower the axle side link mounts. From the looks of it the link mount bolt hole centerline is higher than.the axle tube centerline.

I was shooting for center like you said but I will re measure that before burning it in. Appreciate it

Flip the frame end link mounts around and put them at the same angle as the link.

I was shooting for center like you said but I will re measure that before burning it in. Appreciate it

Run them lower than axle centerline to give you the clearance you need on the frame side. Shouldn't take much movement on that end to get everything to clear and it will help with axle separation between the upper and lower links. Seems like you would need a pretty tall upper link mount with the way the lowers on the axle side are placed now.

Edit: Just noticed it's binding on the side and not the top.:homer:

Covecrawler has the correct answer to solve that problem.

Last edited:
Put the angle finder on the axle link mounts and you'll be able to see how far from parallel with the ground (0 degrees) they are.

Put the angle finder on the axle link mounts and you'll be able to see how far from parallel with the ground (0 degrees) they are.

That’s a good idea, thank you. Probably way more accurate the just using a tape measure like I was doing

Have you had any issues with your jam nuts getting knocked loose? I guess that was my only concern with not having them contained within the mount. But it seems like a lot guys run their mounts similar to yours

You have a build thread on your JKU? Looks pretty bas ass in your avatar picture. :smokin:

I built it for a buddy, I was the caretaker/driver of it while he was in Saudi. Never did a build thread. He’s back in the states and pulled the plug mid LS swap. It’s sitting behind his garage in pieces. Hopefully he hits the lottery and has me finish it soon.

Have you had any issues with your jam nuts getting knocked loose? I guess that was my only concern with not having them contained within the mount. But it seems like a lot guys run their mounts similar to yours

I started running like-threaded joints. On the plus side the link cannot knock or twist loose, and you only need one spare. On the downside, the alignment process takes a little more work.

I started running like-threaded joints. On the plus side the link cannot knock or twist loose, and you only need one spare. On the downside, the alignment process takes a little more work.

I was debating on doing that as well, but I do really like the adjustability factor with running right and left handed joints. I constantly am tweaking, adjusting and tearing apart my samurai. So having that adjustability on the fly will be nice.

Top Back Refresh