What's new

2nd gen dash replacements?

Redtruggy

I cant type or spell.
Member Number
Loc
Gone crazy
Gonna have to do a heater core inn my 01 real soon, anybody found a dash replacement worth a crap yet not break the bank? Not interested in a sheetmetal style just a factory style replacement since mine is busted to hell.

There is going to be cheap Chinese dash.
There is going to be expensive Chinese dash, and they all probably made in the same factory.
They sell covers or whole replacement dashes. Choose LMC as base price and compare from there.

I did a dash top in my 01 a long time ago. Used a cheap Chinese one and it looked fine. Had a couple molding flaws around a couple of the heater vents but it looked way better than the gaping cavernous hole in the middle from where it just imploded.

After I was done cutting my fingers and hands I remember thinking if I had to do one again I’d have the windshield removed and then put back after the dash was done.

Don’t waste your time with the crappy covers that aren’t an actual replacement dash top. Those fifty to sixty dollar bandaids don’t fit and look like absolute trash

Last edited:
I bought a cover for my '02 from Genos, couldn't tell it was a cover after it was on. Pretty easy install.

Just put a plastic dash in my nieces 01 Ram. $300 off Amazon and the charcoal matched pretty good. It wasn’t bad putting it in.

Around 10 or so years ago Genos had a full replacement dashboard, I bought it and put it in my old 99 I had, left it black although the interior was grey. Was ok quality but a both to install, never cracked at all for the 10 or so years until I sold it.

I have an 01 Ram. I bought it used in the fall of 2006. The dash had a few cracks, but was still there. By 2010, I had a hole the size of a dinner tray in the middle of the dash, so I bought a replacement from Geno's. Due to having our son, selling a house, renting a house, building a house, I never got around to installing the dash until about 2016. By then the instrument bezel had also broken into multiple pieces. The new dash went in OK, but the air bag part on the pass side didn't sit all the way in place and the new instrument bezel from LMC didn't snap to the Geno's dash well and flaps around some. It looks half ass, but is better than missing half the dash like it was. I only drive the truck about once every 3-4 weeks, so I don't care.

Top Back Refresh