What's new

22re Remanufactured Long Block

Crazy you know about them half way across the country. They are local to where I grew up and had always heard nothing but good. Just was never sure how well known they were.

The individual coil pack set up is interesting :smokin:
Jim always helped out with all of my dumb questions. It was an easy decision to buy parts from him.

Here's my 15-20 year old experience with 22R/RE long blocks.

I put an advance auto longblock in a buds 85 with a weber 38DGES and full LCE exhaust in 2004, he daily drove it (@ 50k miles) until 2008 and I bought it and turned into a trail rig 36s duals exo etc, was a strong running truck and never had any problems whatsoever.

in 2010 I put a Davez 22RE longblock in my 85 efi xcab and the headgasket started leaking after the first year and milkshaked the oil, never overheated sent them pic of the temperature tattletale button etc... they finally agreed to send some $ to have a local shop pull it apart and repair (I was traveling and didnt have time to do it myself). Ended up being one of the head bolts was not torqued and the HG started leaking water into the oil. I think what they thought was an acceptable amount for a HG replacement ended up covering 60% of the total bill. I took what I could get at the time and just chalked it up to experience. ran fine after that and still running to this day (BIL owns it now as a beater).

I've always gotten the best luck out of stockish engines with a quick re-seal and new toyota HG and bolts with steel backed timing guides and a fresh oil pump. Thats exactly what I put in my 88 4rnr in 2013 and its still chugging away right now as a beach beater. (good luck finding a 22RE without a million miles on it these days though).

my 2 pennies...

Top Back Refresh