What's new

2024 Land Cruiser Announcement

PAToyota

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
South Central Pennsylvania, USA
I'm a bit surprised this wasn't posted yet...

I'll have to see one in person to decide on styling, but from what I'm seeing I like it a lot better than the 100/200/300 series. The 1958 and First Edition level trims appeal to me more (with the round headlights) than the Land Cruiser level trim - and much more than the Lexus version.

I'm not sure about the hybrid-only situation and could do with a bit less electronics than even the 1958 trim level has. As someone whose daily driver is thirty years old and seeing ten year old cars with a pile of stuff no longer functioning, I could do without all that crap.

I really don’t understand why everybody keeps calling it retro. It looks like no other Land Cruiser ever.

Because it has a round headlights option and is rectangular instead of jelly-bean shaped, yo!

I'm waiting to see it in person because a few things I've read said that it does look different in person. A few of the pictures I've seen and I can see some minor resemblance to the 70 series.

I'm surprised, too...

Because too many people never leave Chit Chat for the actual specific forums for such things... Personally, I limit my time there because of the drama and time suck.

I'm a bit surprised this wasn't posted yet...

I'll have to see one in person to decide on styling, but from what I'm seeing I like it a lot better than the 100/200/300 series. The 1958 and First Edition level trims appeal to me more (with the round headlights) than the Land Cruiser level trim - and much more than the Lexus version.

I'm not sure about the hybrid-only situation and could do with a bit less electronics than even the 1958 trim level has. As someone whose daily driver is thirty years old and seeing ten year old cars with a pile of stuff no longer functioning, I could do without all that crap.

The American market has been chosen by soy cucks and lobbyists for decades.
Most men want a stripped down, standard model, however we get a bunch of woodgrain, a plethora of options, and a sticker that chokes our finances.
Granted I bought a 2023 Ram 2500 6.7 Laramie this year, my first new truck ever, my fleet is all simple shit.
VW Thing
‘87 3+3 crew cab
85 4Runner
‘08 Hilux

Hopefully this new Land Cruiser surpasses all expectations….. :flipoff2:

You're braver - or dumber - than you look... :flipoff2:
I daily drove 2 different bugs for 10 years. I think your statement of brave is fitting. In the wind and strong rain your ass is eating vinyl. You’re always in the way in the freeway. If they break you can fix it with in an hr, parts are cheap. I got hit head on my a jaguar and it pushed my fender’s and hood to the bulk head. The beam stayed semi straight. I used a come along to pull it all out and drive it for 4 more months till the engine blew.
Brave is the correct statement.

I think your statement of brave is fitting. [...] If they break you can fix it with in an hr, parts are cheap.

I've pulled an engine less than twenty minutes using a floor jack and a couple wrenches and put one back in in only slightly longer. I've seen it done without the floor jack - both ways. The downside is that you have to pull the engine for nearly anything you need to do to it. :homer:

Thing’s are the gateway air cooled drug.

You say that like it's a good thing... :flipoff2:

I've pulled an engine less than twenty minutes using a floor jack and a couple wrenches and put one back in in only slightly longer. I've seen it done without the floor jack - both ways. The downside is that you have to pull the engine for nearly anything you need to do to it. :homer:

You say that like it's a good thing... :flipoff2:
I’m def not says it’s the easiest, but I’ve pulled and swapped heads, dog house and oil coolers before. One of the bugs I commuted in had a door cut out behind the seat . Made changing the starter easier than easy. But yup pulling the engine is quick and the best.

Fits nicely into the Light Duty lineup and as the next generation GX series Lexus. I'll stick to my FZJ80, but it may grow on me over time...

Land Cruiser Tree.jpg

I typed 70 Series Landcruiser in Google and this pops up. Why can we not get this stuff?!

I think this is the reason that people say the US LC looks retro. They are confusing it with the actual current production 70 series.

Top Back Refresh