What's new

2023-2024 Hunting, fishing, trapping, killin' & grillin' thread

Pony_Driver

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Season is closing at the end of January for most places for the standard 2022-2023 hunting season so here's the next thread for documenting our outdoor adventures. Good luck gentlemen. :smokin:

Took my oldest to a local bridge to see what would bite and a couple mangrove snappers followed us home. Fried them up for lunch the next day.
4C85910E-45F5-466D-8623-883A525D98F8.jpeg

C9B79ADE-0A27-496B-8712-E6B8F9D7AB59.jpeg

That window would scare the shit out of me every time I walked by it.

Man you canucks are weird. Those are walleye. Pickeral look like baby pike.

Friends cleaning up the days catch, and momma got a 6.5 lbs (second pic). The woman in the first pic caught a 9 lbs also. We let everything over 4 lbs go.

Stupid fucking fish cops pulled us over on the highway going home after a three day weekend on the ice. Hassled me for cleaning the fish before I stopped fishing. I told him I clean the fish at the end of the day once all the lines are out of the water. He says: "no, you have to wait until sunday to clean Friday's fish"

Asshole! No I don't.

Technically I don't even have to leave a patch of identifying skin on once I'm staying in an "overnight residence" which my ice shack is since it's got all the amenities including toilet and washing facilities.

Then he's about to count my filets. Drops his tailgate and starts opening my bags of fish. I asked what he was doing? He was going to fondle my meat with his bare Covid dickbeater hands, and slap all the filets on his greasy fucking tailgate. "are we going to have a problem?" He says.

I told him I plan on eating that stuff and thought they would have some sort of sanitary way to handle peoples food.

He also told my wife "fishing time is not party time".

Motherfucker! You keep your goddamned opinions to yourself and let me live my life how I choose. My fishing time is family time, I only ever go with my wife and children. We play crib and chess and cut and split firewood.

Those fucking cocksuckers would rather my kids never leave town and turn out transgender shooting up a school.

Sorry. Had to let it out somewhere.

P3312265.JPG
P4012282.JPG

Canadia? My Dad lives in Maine and used to take his boat into "a" bay near the border. A Canadian game warden took his boat out to tell my Dad he was harassing the whales. Dad told him to fuck off and go back to Canada. The game wardens seem to no longer be game wardens but Party apparatchiks.

I have earned my first antelope tag. I know nothing about antelope. Internet says it is a remote area and suggests bringing extra water and gas. Initially I’m thinking of taking my Jeep on 40s and tent camping. I’ve only SEEN antelope so I get to learn what I don’t know. It will probably be a solo hunt.

I have earned my first antelope tag. I know nothing about antelope. Internet says it is a remote area and suggests bringing extra water and gas. Initially I’m thinking of taking my Jeep on 40s and tent camping. I’ve only SEEN antelope so I get to learn what I don’t know. It will probably be a solo hunt.
What state, and terrain type?
They're pretty easy to hunt once you find them, depending on terrain. Sometimes you gotta spot them over a mile out, and keep from being seen which can be difficult. Prep for long shots, 500yrds

I've never hunted antelope but the people on TV tell me that a white towel on a stick will arouse the curiosity of bachelor bucks and bring them closer. Grain of salt and all that... Good luck and good times with your hunt, I look forward to living vicariously through your pictures.

Top Back Refresh