What's new

2021 Harley 1250cc dual sport.

Sceep

🖕___ 😆___ 🖕
Member Number
Loc
Central NM
https://advrider.com/harley-davidsons-pan-america-1250-breaks-cover/

Its fugly, but its got decent specs at a reasonable price point. Might give the big KTM's and BMW's a run for their money.

Theres a wall o' text at the link if you want to read up on it. Or just bitch about it here without researching. :flipoff2:

Capture-8.jpg

Looks like they are paying homage to their vintage Brunswick bowling machine heritage with that headlight thing.

First thing I thought when I saw the picture. :laughing:

Meh.

Knowing Harley, if the price point is decent it's probably a complete piece of shit. If it were way over priced like the rest of their bikes we could then assume it's only half a piece of shit.

:usa:

Too many established players in the game that are proven performers (that have history in making this class of bikes). This is a last stab attempt at tossing something at the wall that is relevant that is a big market share at the moment. HD is a miserable fail heading the way of the dodo bird sooner rather than later imho.

Harley owners will still shun you because it's 'not a real Harley', and ADV riders will laugh because it's not a KTM or BMW.

I dunno... Two of the guys I ride with are lifelong Harley riders and are eyeing it because they are envious of dad and I's ability to explore areas on our KTM and BMW that they cant go on their recliners. I like it cuz maybe its more comfy, like their recliners. :D We'll see.

I watched a couple videos of someone hopping it over a dirt berm. Reminded me watching a 500lb chick doing jumping jacks.

It might look better from more angles?? I kinda doubt it. But I thought the electric Harley was pretty ugly at the beginning. By the end of Long Way Up, I liked it much better. I don't know if it just grew on me, or seeing it from more angles made you feel like you'd seen it in person.

It looks like shit but so does every other adventure bike. I’ll stick with my road recliner. I wanted to buy a new dual sport last year but the scamdemic made bikes impossible to find when I was looking.

Without knowing how much it weighs or how much the KTM it is to compete against weighs I am going to go ahead and say it is a Harley and it weighs to much.:flipoff2:

Without knowing how much it weighs or how much the KTM it is to compete against weighs I am going to go ahead and say it is a Harley and it weighs to much.:flipoff2:

HD base: 534 wet
HD special: 559 wet
KTM1290: 461 wet.
BMW r1250GS: 549 wet
BMW r1250gsa: 591 wet

Too many established players in the game that are proven performers (that have history in making this class of bikes). This is a last stab attempt at tossing something at the wall that is relevant that is a big market share at the moment. HD is a miserable fail heading the way of the dodo bird sooner rather than later imho.

Their business model is doomed. No one wants $40k bikes that are overweight underperforms. The store needs you to visit, and if you do they will mob you trying to upsell the style and life. They will get you a service plan and warranties for everything under the sun for a small fortune, you'll need them too. You are correct and this is yet another failed attempt in the making for HD.

I believe the HD will live on but they are probably not far from closing some stores and slashing their production. As the boomers park their HDs for the last time the style and life is fading.

Dual sports are a joke. Why do you want a bike that does two things ok, but neither good?

Its is more of connecting the dots on a map

the newer dual sports will argue the 'doing it good' part

maybe it is a age thing, I was in the same boat as you a while back as far as opinions about Dual Sports , now I have my Dual Sport I have done some rides that couldn't legally be done on just a so called dirt bike

hard the argue with the KTMs as far as performance goes

....but this Harley thing isn't doing it for me, each to their own I guess

I so I guess when you are losing market share to Indian and your bikes are slower than Indians you try this?..

Last edited:
Harley's had a reputation on road bikes that was "wanders like a drunken camel"...

:serious face: sounds like the dual sport model is perfect for offroad jaunts-

Top Back Refresh