What's new

2014 Ram 5500 drivetrain

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
What auto trans and transfer case would come behind the 6.4 in a 2014 Ram 5500 cab and chassis?

The fuck? They make that chassis with a little gas engine? We have one with a 6.7, she rips for a big ass truck. :grinpimp:

The fuck? They make that chassis with a little gas engine? We have one with a 6.7, she rips for a big ass truck. :grinpimp:
Yes. Its in a 4wd rollback I just bought. It is over 400 hp and 429 ft lbs so they arent terrible but i espect it to be slow with a heavy behicle on the back

I copied and pasted your post into google and this was the top hit :flipoff2:

Stellantis Media - 2014 Ram Chassis Cab Offers All-new 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 and Takes Segment Leadership in Powertrain Options.

"The new 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 is available with an idle shutdown timer and is mated to the proven 66RFE six-speed automatic transmission in the Ram Chassis Cab 3500 with optional upgrade to the Aisin AS66RC. The 4500 and 5500 models come standard with the Aisin AS66RC six-speed automatic transmission. The new Aisin allows for optional 250 lb.ft. of torque, left- or right-side PTO. Efficiency is improved with Fuel Saver cylinder deactivation operation while in PTO mode."

"Two Borg-Warner part-time transfer cases are available on the 2014 Ram Chassis Cab. The BW 44-46 is an electric shifting part-time transfer case with 2WD, 4WD High, 4WD Low and Neutral. BW 44-47 is a manual shifting transfer case with 2WD, 4WD High, 4WD Low and Neutral. Both options feature a low-range ratio of 2.64 and locking differential from front to rear.

Does the transfer case have a switch to lock it front to back or is it locked all the time?

The fuck? They make that chassis with a little gas engine?
I'll take things steering wheel holders say for $400 Alex.

You'd care less about having the big engine if it was your money going in the fuel tank or replacing emissions parts.

Reactions: DMG

You'd care less about having the big engine if it was your money going in the fuel tank or replacing emissions parts.
Our 5500 has a deleted 6.7 getting 13ish mpg. The hemi I'd suspect would be in the mid single digits moving the same truck and trailers. Shit don't pencil out. We aren't out for performance but spending money right only makes sense.

All depends where and what they are using it for.

Reactions: DMG
I see a few v10 tow trucks, but most everything around here is diesel

Top Back Refresh