What's new

2006 Jeep liberty CRD EGR DELETE

Pook

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
150 Mile House, BC, Canada
My brother-in-law is dealing with a 2006 Liberty with the diesel engine which belonged to his late father-in-law. Its been sitting for a long time ( I am guessing around 10 years), and others had messed with it while it sat.

He has it all back together, and running, but the EGR system was mess, and couldn't get parts easily so he deleted the EGR system, but now needs someone who can tune the computer to fix the check engine light.

Where should he be going to get this fixed up? Google isn't helping and I don't do FB which is where I keep being led to by google.

Pull the light. Nobody is gonna tell you who'll do those kinds of services in 2023

Where do the local oilfield workers or lifted Ram owners congregate? Bars, walmart, yalls version of home depot, etc. The place with lifted duallys and such, stop and ask one of em, I'm sure they'll let you know

aren't deletes legal in Canada though? No EPA there

In BC, a provincial vehicle inspection will fail you for defeated emissions equipment. However, there's generally no need to have a personal vehicle inspected unless the cops order you to have one.

The EGR is one of many issues.

The best thing to do with a CRD is get full coverage and leave the keys in it in the bad side of town.

CRD: Constantly Repair Diesel.

You can reach out to Yeti:

He's good at this and you can flash the tune yourself quite easily.

I've been running a tune from him on my diesel WJ (OM612) and I'm very happy about the results :)

Top Back Refresh