What's new

CA 2006 Bigtex 25 foot gooseneck SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares? two 10k axles tell you all you need to know, regardless of if the tag say 14k or 40k

fucking tire kickers. :flipoff2:

A lot of people order the trailers with a 9900 gvw tag to bypass the need for a class a license. This makes the trailer more valuable. And if it was registered with the lower gvw Id be interested

A lot of people order the trailers with a 9900 gvw tag to bypass the need for a class a license. This makes the trailer more valuable. And if it was registered with the lower gvw Id be interested

and what happens when you are pulled into scales and you are 10k over your trailer GVWR? Or if CHP pulls you over and you have a backhoe loaded up which clearly puts you over the 9999?

You dont register a GVWR, its just a sticker, and you can order one from amazon with whatever GVWR and other info you want. No gvwr on the pink or the registration, just the unladen weight.

:flipoff2:

and what happens when you are pulled into scales and you are 10k over your trailer GVWR? Or if CHP pulls you over and you have a backhoe loaded up which clearly puts you over the 9999?

You dont register a GVWR, its just a sticker, and you can order one from amazon with whatever GVWR and other info you want. No gvwr on the pink or the registration, just the unladen weight.

:flipoff2:
Last month I was pulled over by chp and the first thing they did was check the gvwr of my trailer and I was empty. Mine is a 16k trailer that was ordered 9900 and its all stamped into the frame with the vin as well as the matching tag.

Yes obviously it can be changed with a punch set or stickers. However its a fairly common question when selling a trailer and in general an over 10k trailer will sell quicker with the lower gvrw.
Sorry your pantys are in a wad over it.

Last month I was pulled over by chp and the first thing they did was check the gvwr of my trailer and I was empty.

So what happens when you are pulled over twice the weight of your rating on the trailer?

I know bumper pulls are often derated but thats because the loads may look like youre under 10k, but a tandem gooseneck, there is no fucking way your trailer and load looks under 10k.

A derated gvwr is worth no more than cost of a sticker, and in case of an accident or pulled into scales you are double fucked because not only are you over your license, but you are over your trailer limit capacity.

Panties not in a bunch, but this is one of those things that simply baffles me how people do it and justify it despite being completely illegal and opening you up to even more problems.

But I give no fucks, I have a CDL and CA# :flipoff2:

If you really want it buy it and order a new decal, or I can do it for you if you send me 30$ deposit :flipoff2:

Have never seen a guy trying to sell something, dodge such a simple question

two 10k axles puts gvwr between 22-24k, trailer isnt by me but Ill check when i am there. this conversation is about the whole 9999 thing

Last edited:
A tandem dual goose in CA will get you attention from dot, derating a trailer that wieghs 8k lb empty to 9999 isn't going to fool anyone :laughing:

That's a good price though, I wish it was longer........because I'd like to pickup a big goose to go with my Oldman dually.

Ouch.

That's a 8-10k+ trailer around here.

Its not in the best shape, has been well used, and on the shorter side of a typical gooseneck. I paod 4k for it, so I ainf sweating it

For 4k I'd have made the trip south. Sorta looking for something tilt deck around 15-25ton rating, but bumper pull so my dumptrucks can also pull it. But I have a 2 ton truck with a gooseneck.

The couple in decent shape at the auction yesterday went for 10k+. Even a 40yr old short fixed deck missing lights and ramps, rotten deck and probably original tires went for ~5k

For 4k I'd have made the trip south. Sorta looking for something tilt deck around 15-25ton rating, but bumper pull so my dumptrucks can also pull it. But I have a 2 ton truck with a gooseneck.

The couple in decent shape at the auction yesterday went for 10k+. Even a 40yr old short fixed deck missing lights and ramps, rotten deck and probably original tires went for ~5k

Those type of tilt trailers seem to be hard to find. Everyone who buys one just keeps it forever. My buddy has been looking for a while and the ones that pop up are 90% of new or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh