What's new

1st gen Taco question

Hodgiemoto

Member Number
So my buddy has a first gen taco and it had the typical spacer front/block rear lift on it. He got a killer deal on some used King coil overs for the front with a 3" lift. So obviously the front rides way better than the back so what kind of springs would you recommend for the rear? First choice so far is some OME 3" lift springs. Would prefer stock length. It's not a go fast rig just a chukar hunting rig that doesn't see any hard core stuff. Mainly looking for a smooth comfortable ride bombing down the dirt roads. consider this the lame question of the day..

quality would be alcan springs. out of the box the ome springs will be fine but likely leave you wanting more out of them.

I had 8leafs deavers which were nice, but bent them into an S, you really need a traction bar with them. I have all pro expo leafs with some leafs removed and they work great, rides a bit rough with the bed empty, but with a spare and tools it's pretty smooth.

I have Alcans on my Tacoma and they have not sagged at all in the 8 years I've owned them.

Top Back Refresh