What's new

1993 4runner multi-use build.

Those tires are still rotting in my backyard. 95 percent tread, and rock hard. The 2002 date on the sidewall :lmao:

I am about to give those tires away as rollers. Got some 2018 40" iroks on beadlocks on the crawler now. If I finish the cage and mount the seats, I might be able to go up again.
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Too much crown royal? :flipoff2:​​​​​​

​​​​​​

I always felt like the 3.0 got a bad rep too. Admittedly, it's about the only Toyota truck engine I haven't owned, but friends always seemed to have good luck with them.

I was a 22RE guy even doing numerous HGs, windowed block, and other repairs on them. I bought a '92 xcab 3.0, 5spd, with 4.56s for a ranch truck. With 248k its needed nothing in the past 4 years since I bought it. I think by now, it's either going to run forever or it's already blown up and repaired.

That and a 3.4L swap it's so well documented, r150>w56, better third, I'd almost prefer a 3.0 now.

I was a 22RE guy even doing numerous HGs, windowed block, and other repairs on them. I bought a '92 xcab 3.0, 5spd, with 4.56s for a ranch truck. With 248k its needed nothing in the past 4 years since I bought it. I think by now, it's either going to run forever or it's already blown up and repaired.

That and a 3.4L swap it's so well documented, r150>w56, better third, I'd almost prefer a 3.0 now.

I think you're right, I mean if they're still on the road ~30 years later. They're probably just as reliable as anything else that age.

And again, a 3.4 is barely more than just swapping in another 3.0.

I actually prefer the 3rd gen truck platform to the early Tacoma for the most part. Plus any Tacoma is waaaay overpriced around here.

Only rear 2.28 gear I have is pretty rusty. Saved it for the output shaft. I have a shifter it looks different than my g52, and I would not have saved it for any other reason, so maybe w56.
20200722_163057.jpg

And yes, crown. Mmmmm . Pretty sure it was mocha mike that drank the other half of the bottle that weekend.

Too much crown royal? :flipoff2:​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Rollover on the truck wasn't me driving. At that time, it was my friends truck with a lot of my parts on it and a lot of my labor. That is when I took it up to fordyce that time we ran into each other.

I borrowed another friends truck. We stuck all new panels on the 88. Looked pretty for about 7 hours on the con. Then backside of buck, he wasn't paying attention and dropped off a ledge. Rolled end over, then side over side a couple times.
Got it running the next day with new engine mounts and new distributor and drove it out.

He went through a divorce, I bought the truck for cheap knowing I had a little sweat equity in it.

I got a few more pics of the pre trip, and next day on my laptop, I will post some of those tomorrow.

I'll measure the trans I have and see if it matches.

Don't worry too much on the gears. It for a buddy, he said his crawl box only works in high, after it made some noise :laughing:

I used to have shit from like 3 dual case 4.7 set ups before the fire.

It should be the correct shifter. The dirty one I found has all 4 screws holding the retainer ring on. Scottz said he will check on the gear, has a case in a box.

Fuck that fire.

Sounds good, diff is on the garage floor now, which reminded me that there is a chunk of broken shaft in there :homer:​​​​​​

Shouldn't have effected the spartan since I believe it uses the stock side gears.

Everything I have toyota ifs related can be yours also:flipoff2:

As long as it will fit in the trunk of a Camry. I can go on a mini road trip on sunday. Still waiting to hear on the tcase gear. :grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh