What's new

1973 challenger dilemma

gunracer1

Collector of fine junk
Member Number
Loc
azle tx, aguilar co.
I bought this at the auction, and this is what I drove my senior year in high school. I could make some easy money flipping it. but I can't make up my mind. I have way to many projects. and I really don't need another. but I though about just getting it running, a set of poly glass tires and drive it every now and then. I can afford to keep it, I figure it would be a decent investment.
looks pretty much all there, just old.
challenger 425.1.jpg

photo24461.jpg

photo24462.jpg

photo24463.jpg

photo24464.jpg

V-twin AC compressor, those make great air compressors.

If you can afford to keep it, keep it and just enjoy farting around in it now and then. You can always sell it later and I feel like it's only going to go up in value. Prices on this kind of stuff are stupid, and only going to get worse. And you can reap all the benefitssssssss

WS.gif

If you can afford to keep it, keep it and just enjoy farting around in it now and then. You can always sell it later and I feel like it's only going to go up in value. Prices on this kind of stuff are stupid, and only going to get worse. And you can reap all the benefitssssssss

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Value is gonna fall off a cliff as soon as the boomers who enjoyed them back in the day are too old and/or dead to drive them around as classics. The same thing happened with pre-war cars.

Value is gonna fall off a cliff as soon as the boomers who enjoyed them back in the day are too old and/or dead to drive them around as classics. The same thing happened with pre-war cars.
this

also, if you do drive it around without it being all tarted up with a nice paint job be prepared to have everyone pester you if it's for sale

Depends on whether you like the E-body muscle or not.

I miss my '73 Challenger, traded it in on my first 4x4 many. many years ago and have been broke ever since... :lmao:

Keep it. It will not depreciate if you bought it right. Drive it and enjoy it. You aren't getting any younger and the time is NOW to have some fun and make memories with your friends and family. {old guy rant off}

I'll call bullshit on this. I've looked into late 1930's-1940 cars and the prices haven't fallen. They want stupid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them.

I passed up 9k for it from a friend here at work, I'm in at 7k or so it is plenty safe money. I'm for sure not going to mod it, its just to original by the looks of it. but hell it may have a none matching motor or something. I will see after I get it home.

Na. That's why we invented automatic transmissions:flipoff2:

Do you like driving it? Then keep it. If not sell it.

I love old iron, but it’s a lot work getting old in DD shape. That being said, I drive this in the summer. I pretty much rebuilt everything, and it was in pretty good shape when I got it. I’ve probably got 13k-14k and months into it, but it drives nice and has ac. It all the little stuff that gets you. If you’re going to drive it, plan on some serious shop time.

593FC702-CA87-423D-ABF2-9555F02A889E.jpeg

TBH I didn’t think a ‘73 would really be a collector car

Any E-Body is a collector car.

If you love the car, keep it, if not, find someone who would. Personally, I'd take it and put a 6 speed manual in it, aftermarket suspension and go carve up some mountain roads.

I've been looking for stuff casually. Mid-late 20s what has fallen off a cliff, everything I've seen has been pretty stable. Looking for something that you can actually drive around and will go 55ish.

Top Back Refresh