What's new

1971 IH 2010a Fleetstar questions

1oddtech

Unknown member
Member Number
Loc
Central Va.
I have a customer with this truck that is equipped with a grain dump body and a 549 gas engine. They want to do some maintenance to it and have tasked me with doing it. Where can I go to find the correct Pertronix electronic ignition conversion for it as well as plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil? Also if looing for a decent fiberglass hood for it if available. Thank you

I have a customer with this truck that is equipped with a grain dump body and a 549 gas engine. They want to do some maintenance to it and have tasked me with doing it. Where can I go to find the correct Pertronix electronic ignition conversion for it as well as plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil? Also if looing for a decent fiberglass hood for it if available. Thank you
Scour marketplace and craigslist. Not sure if Coonrods in indiana/ Colorado might have heavy trucks for parts. (they are phone only no online)

You need the exact model number of the distributer that's on the engine now. You can then cross reference to pertronix lists.

Rockauto.com has plenty of stuff for IH's. Scratch that can't find nothing for the LV series engines.

Navistar dealers might still have access to parts for the heavy trucks.

My store manager who is into old Internationals and was parts manager and spent many years in parts said no LV parts available through International dealers. Try Travelette I think on Binderplanet, he amazes me at the NOS stuff he has.

Top Back Refresh