What's new

16 year old kid, kills a guy and then turns himself in. Tough call....

• No mention that the kid had a gun. Must have been the pedo's.
  • Kid did not act like a master criminal - fawk, he's 16.
Not guilty.

Bonanza, what's your take on the information presented?

Not that I disagree, buuuuut:

-Unless I missed something, the only one saying he is a pedo is the kid that shot him.

-A massive amount of our local gun violence is performed by minors. In fact, for some crazy reason, our new DA campaigned on not charging minors as adults and won. They aren’t turning themselves in, but I’m sure they could tell you a convincing story if you asked.

I'll need a considerable more information before forming an opinion. As in, exactly what does "trying to get with" mean. Had he propositioned her? Was he perusing her stalking her?

But yeah, some people just need removed from society.

Sounds like a brother that cared for his sister, but didn't have enough options to go about it the right way.
Why didn't the 16 year old talk to someone, like his dad, about this? Could have set this guy up and put him in prison instead of putting yourself in prison.

If he went to discuss it with the dead guy, he likely would have found out the dead guy was very much interested in his sister.

I doubt the convo went something like "I dont want you bothering or being around my sister anymore"....

"Ya, no problem I was just messing around"......

I would guess the dead guy played some sort of I love her, shes hot or maybe even confessed to banging her already.

Or the kid never even talked about it (its his word that he did) and he simply shot him.

PLOT TWIST: It was his step sister, and they had a relashonship already!

• I doubt that the kid invited the dude out for a hunting trip just because of one offhand drunken comment.
  • No mention that the kid had a gun. Must have been the pedo's.
  • So unlikely premeditated; pedo prolly started a fight.
  • Family shocked to find gun in kid's room. So again, kid had no gun, therefore not likely an intent to kill.
  • Kill spilled his guts - family was prolly all over his case.
  • Kid did not act like a master criminal - fawk, he's 16.
Not guilty.

Bonanza, what's your take on the information presented?
I’m reading this from my phone, and some of the other comments are making reference to what the dead guy actually said. I want to qualify that the following is based on the premise that the 16 year old got offended that dead guy mentioned his minor sister is/is going to be hot, tricked him into a trip, and executed him.

Guilty of special circumstance lying in wait, premeditated murder. Basically, the top of the list for crimes.

However…..

The real question isn’t necessarily guilt, because you can’t just execute people for things they say. Even if the guy actually raped his minor sister, (legally) you can’t just go execute them. Believe me I wish I could summarily execute some people but that’s not the world we live in.

So here, I don’t know how arizona draws the line for charging minors as adults. In CA we need to file a motion to elevate a minor to the big boy court, and to be honest I have no experience doing that. I haven’t done juvenile. I know of it but can’t offer true world experience on it.

In CA even for the most heinous crimes, you walk free at a certain age if you’re tried in juvie court. But if I was the guys lawyer, I’d be making this a sentencing case, and keeping it as a juvenile case. He admits, he cooperates, the victim is older and potentially pervy, and let’s be real— a 16 year olds brain isn’t fully developed and doesn’t fire on all cylinders.

Kids are capable of doing some pretty fucked up stuff, but their brains simply don’t consider consequence like a grown brain does. One of the big “hmm” moments for me was realizing gang members aren’t scary thugs like TV depicts, but instead stupid little kids playing cowboys and Indians. Gang membership drops off a cliff once they reach mental maturity.

So chances are, this kid probably did lure this guy to the desert to execute him. Fairly frightening behavior, but the question is what now? Prison, in my opinion, isn’t the answer.

Interested to see how the facts evolve. Thanks for the tag, neat thread.

Top Back Refresh