What's new

1” brake master cyl

OCD

Member Number
Anyone got the factory Toyota part number for the 1” bore master cylinder from the 90-97 FJ80, or the 89-94 V6 pickup & runner? Looking to be spoon fed if possible...thanks!

i was just going to mention i had that MC before and with bigger tires i always struggled to stop, when i switched to a chevy MC from a 76 blazer i think, 1 1/4 bore is when i felt my brakes get omg good i mean good.

Reactions: OCD
i was just going to mention i had that MC before and with bigger tires i always struggled to stop, when i switched to a chevy MC from a 76 blazer i think, 1 1/4 bore is when i felt my brakes get omg good i mean good.

Same, I even was running 1/2 ton K5 calipers on my D60 and the genaric trail gear rear disc kit. Should have just done the gm swap off the batt.

Reactions: OCD
True. And definitely worth mentioning in case someone comes across this thread in the future. This time it’s just a replacement on a basically stock 85 pickup with small tires......

True. And definitely worth mentioning in case someone comes across this thread in the future. This time it’s just a replacement on a basically stock 85 pickup with small tires......

Then why are you going bigger? The bigger master won't necessarily be better without bigger calipers.

I went with the 1” master and will be swapping to the GM soon. The 1” is marginal at best with 1 tons.

I guess we should be clear that a gm 1 ton master is needed or even correct for most Toyota axles. Too big of a master could make for a hard pedal, but sometimes going up a little from stock can make for a better pedal.

all i know is from my errors and stuff, when i was on all toyota brake parts i never felt like i had great brakes for 38 inch tires. i had the bigger toyota MC and brake booster, and tacoma shit up front, they i went to tons and the big ass caliper on the front and 1/2 ton caliper out back my brakes did not work at all with the toyota stuff, but i changed just the MC and now my brakes lock all 4 tires, big stupid 42s at that even. so for me the 76 chevy blazer MC was the ticket.

you can also get a 1-1/16" master out of a T100 without ABS

This I did not know, looks like I learned something new today...:smokin:
Then why are you going bigger? The bigger master won't necessarily be better without bigger calipers.
I wish I had a more exciting explanation with some actual tech...definitely not. Our grey truck got a very minor lift and some 33s about 15 years ago. It’s just the occasional grocery getter. At that time we also replaced the soft lines. Since bleeding was necessary anyway, went ahead and replaced the 20 year old master with a 1” unit that we had on hand for the red truck build. Fast forward to last weekend, was gonna go get our grey truck smogged, haven’t driven it in 2 years since the last smog, and as my luck often goes...the master shit the bed. I do keep a record of all part numbers used, but didn’t have it handy when I wanted to order the replacement last weekend and figured my Toyota internet friends would know...
D4EF81B8-3E2C-4CEA-B56B-F55DDC174D61.jpeg

WRX STI dual diaphragm booster and master is a great setup for 4 wheel discs. It nearly bolts in and is dirt cheap on ebay. I run this set up with tundra 4 piston fronts and GTR 2 piston rears, 40" tires.

Top Back Refresh