What's new

Where to buy a diode?

posford

Piece Of Shit Ford
Member Number
Loc
NH
Sorry, couldn't wait til tuesday to ask :flipoff2:

I need a single 1A-ish diode. Radioshack used to be my go to, but theres none around here anymore. Spending $5 shipping a 50 cent item seems fuckin stoopid. I just want to wire a high idle switch on this IDI :shaking:

Dont know what they cost and or shipping, you get what you get.

Mouser or digikey.

some parts stores carry diodes. I know cause I've bought them.

The trick is to find the right guy at the part store who actually understand what a diode is and what you are asking for. it will be behind the counter.

Sorry, couldn't wait til tuesday to ask :flipoff2:

I need a single 1A-ish diode. Radioshack used to be my go to, but theres none around here anymore. Spending $5 shipping a 50 cent item seems fuckin stoopid. I just want to wire a high idle switch on this IDI :shaking:
Try an RC car/plane hobby store. A lot of them have random electronics too.

You can just unhook the factory wire to the high idle solenoid right?

I mean it's not like you can remote start that thing anyway, so flip the high idle on after you cycle the glow plugs 3 times, crank it long enough to prime the fuel system again and hopefully get it to fire before the batteries are dead.

:flipoff2:

Not a diode, but I needed a few capacitors and hate spending $5 shipping on a 10 cent part so instead I bought 2 assortment packs on amazon...now I had about 2000 capacitors. found the ones I needed and moved the boxes around the garage for 2 years before I finally threw them away and will order more next time I need them and throw them away same day. lol.

Not a diode, but I needed a few capacitors and hate spending $5 shipping on a 10 cent part so instead I bought 2 assortment packs on amazon...now I had about 2000 capacitors. found the ones I needed and moved the boxes around the garage for 2 years before I finally threw them away and will order more next time I need them and throw them away same day. lol.
This is what I did for the 1 1k resistor I needed for the LS swap for my tach to half as work.

Now I've got a thousand resistors I'll never need but was cheaper than trying to find a single in a haystack of shit.

Top Back Refresh