What's new

What water cooled torch setup for syncrowave 180SD?

oops did you burn up the power lead from no cooling flow?

they only got like a 10ga strand of copper inside the water cooled lead
No I think I got lucky that it had water in it (cause I manually primed it) just wasn't flowing.

Just finished welding the bracket out, no issues.

I've been halfass thinking about making an adapter that screws onto my #20 torch like a collet body but it has the threads for a coaxial air cooled torch lead
kinda like "extendo lead-o" for those times you want an extra twenty feet and are willing to sacrifice a little duty cycle
yes I realize I can clamp the adapter in a stick rod stinger and do it that way

New torch is amazing... The old 18 is like wrestling a PVC water hose...

No I think I got lucky that it had water in it (cause I manually primed it) just wasn't flowing.

Just finished welding the bracket out, no issues.
bueno
I've burnt up a chinese one, had something set on the leads and it managed to pinch off the water flow but not the gas

I've been halfass thinking about making an adapter that screws onto my #20 torch like a collet body but it has the threads for a coaxial air cooled torch lead
kinda like "extendo lead-o" for those times you want an extra twenty feet and are willing to sacrifice a little duty cycle
yes I realize I can clamp the adapter in a stick rod stinger and do it that way
That'd be pretty easy to pull off I think. Probably not as hard on it as welding due to the heat being moved away from the collet/neck.

That'd be pretty easy to pull off I think. Probably not as hard on it as welding due to the heat being moved away from the collet/neck.
the air cooled torch would be running as normal for it (as hot as your patience allows) and the water cooled one at the machine would still be water cooled

Glad you got it figured out.

I rarely get to do clean bench tig, usually dirty aluminum, repairs, or tacking/fit up stuff but I had one this week, it was fun playing with the fancy cups and wasting lots of argons .

438171688_1181652566155525_8791121881822725532_n.jpg

Top Back Refresh