What's new

What did you do to your sxs today?

1Sinner

Just won't quit
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
Edwards Commiefornia
Since we don't have an all encompassing thread for sxs builds/parts/accessories/issues figured I would start one.

Did a nice little build for my buddy Jon today. An all aluminum spare tire/cargo rack for his polaris general. Turned out slick, uses all factory mounting points, the dump bed still dumps, and allows easy access to cargo. Only weighs about 15 pounds too.
20230617_133521.jpg
20230617_112237.jpg
20230617_124230.jpg

Attachments

• 20230617_173651.jpg
    20230617_173651.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Pulled the spark arrestor to clean it (didn't need to) have the tip some "flair" while it was off.

1000004907.jpg

Changed the oil and inspected skid, its pretty fucked so I ordered a uhmw skid.
Might pull the old one off this evening if I get done with all the other shit.

1000004909.jpg

1000004908.jpg

Damn, dude, nice work. All my stuff would be more like “I bought item x for $200. I installed it in 3x as long as everyone says it takes.”
Thanks. I figure this thread will be mostly that. And that's ok too. Just wanted to get the conversation moving in the sxs forum.

I built all the accessories for my previous rzr, now pretty much finished everything for my talon (want to do long travel and turbo, but don't know when I'll get to it with my jeep build, and now an xr400 build in progress).
Pulled the spark arrestor to clean it (didn't need to) have the tip some "flair" while it was off.

Changed the oil and inspected skid, its pretty fucked so I ordered a uhmw skid.
Might pull the old one off this evening if I get done with all the other shit.

1000004909.jpg
Ooof. Thats a big hole. Exhaust tip looks good.

Moved the 2 way radio around hundred times but this radio has terrible mounting options, the radio has a little button and the belt clip just swivels around that button. This is a rough draft location might be ok, she's not going to be messing with it much I hope just use the remote mic/speaker.
Might end up putting a real radio under the dash like I planned and make this radio the loaner.
1000004936.jpg

Moved the 2 way radio around hundred times but this radio has terrible mounting options, the radio has a little button and the belt clip just swivels around that button. This is a rough draft location might be ok, she's not going to be messing with it much I hope just use the remote mic/speaker.
Might end up putting a real radio under the dash like I planned and make this radio the loaner.
1000004936.jpg
I have a handheld that I keep in the truck for a loaner. It was our first venture into UHF/VHF radios and I was poor as hell and didn't wanna spend much $. There is always someone in the group that doesn't have a 2 way in their ride or someone is having an issue.

I have a handheld that I keep in the truck for a loaner. It was our first venture into UHF/VHF radios and I was poor as hell and didn't wanna spend much $. There is always someone in the group that doesn't have a 2 way in their ride or someone is having an issue.
For sure, buddy bought some really nice retevis radios a few years back. We couldn't get them to talk to our FRS radios no matter what we tried. Googled them up and they are some proprietary channels used for his kids school pickup line, and he just got that dad to get him a set cause they were nice. Lot of good they did...

For sure, buddy bought some really nice retevis radios a few years back. We couldn't get them to talk to our FRS radios no matter what we tried. Googled them up and they are some proprietary channels used for his kids school pickup line, and he just got that dad to get him a set cause they were nice. Lot of good they did...
buddy has a PCI radio in his RZR and it's worthless for our riding group. he bought it cuz he lives in Wichita they used to go to Waynoka dunes all the time. Everyone at the dunes runs the PCI radios like the "Out West" duners use. His PCI radio is programmed to some race channels or something and not worth a damn with our group. :laughing:

off to start a 2 way radio thread here..

You guys with the radio concerns—buy a cheap ass Baofeng. With much cussing and gnashing of teeth, you can make that talk to FRS, rugged radio, whatever. I assume PCI as well, but I’m talking out of my ass on that.

You guys with the radio concerns—buy a cheap ass Baofeng. With much cussing and gnashing of teeth, you can make that talk to FRS, rugged radio, whatever. I assume PCI as well, but I’m talking out of my ass on that.
WE DID

what he said..

the handhelds wont talk as far as the hard mounted units and if you forget to charge them you are SOL.

I personally run rugged base comms in my talon, but its been reprogrammed to run all the race channels. Pci, rugged, baofeng can all be reprogrammed to talk to each other.

Heres the last few things ive done to my rmax, installed fenderwell protection since its the only part of the machine sans steel skidplate...

Also added some vents to my fixed winshield to let a little air in this summer.

vents.jpg

And put a deposit down on my new trailer so they can get started building it and adding a few things i wanted, (slide in ramps, rub rail, adjustable hitch, side mount jack) Should be ready in a little over a week or so...

Starting pulling the old skid and found this boo boo.

1000005025.jpg

1000005024.jpg

So I scabbed on a piece to hopefully keep it from bending more.... (And not cracking at the HAZ 🤞)

Old skid off
1000005026.jpg

New one on.
1000005035.jpg

1000005036.jpg

Got my sound bar and chase light installed on the talon tonight. Heading to Disney next Thursday. Can't fuckin wait. I also got approval from super atv on my dealer application today. Have a big list of parts to order for a bunch of guys.

Got my sound bar and chase light installed on the talon tonight. Heading to Disney next Thursday. Can't fuckin wait. I also got approval from super atv on my dealer application today. Have a big list of parts to order for a bunch of guys.
Looks good. Have fun!

take a chainsaw with you. Friends that have a cabin there in Disney said they had a storm a few days ago and there are a lot of trees down on trails.

Working on getting light whips mounted and wired in. Since Iowa changed the law to where we can ride on any county gravel or paved roads I’ve worried about other drivers being able to see the small brake and turn lights and getting rear ended. The whips should help with visibility.

IMG_8885.jpeg

Last edited:
Working on getting light whips mounted and wired in. Since Iowa changed the law to where we can ride on any state gravel or paved roads I’ve worried about other drivers being able to see the small brake and turn lights and getting rear ended. The whips should help with visibility.

IMG_8885.jpeg
Do they integrate with the rear? I know some sets do.

Washed it. Spent the last 2 weeks on vacation from Phoenix to Casper Wyoming, spent 2 days on Casper Mountain then on to Yellowstone in the rain and hail then to the Arapeen trails in Utah for a few days then down to the north rim of the Grand Canyon trail riding for a few days then home to Phoenix. Needles to say the SxS was pretty dirty.

Washed it. Spent the last 2 weeks on vacation from Phoenix to Casper Wyoming, spent 2 days on Casper Mountain then on to Yellowstone in the rain and hail then to the Arapeen trails in Utah for a few days then down to the north rim of the Grand Canyon trail riding for a few days then home to Phoenix. Needles to say the SxS was pretty dirty.
Sounds like an awesome trip

how was riding the Arapeen Trail? where did you base camp out of? What town? I have looked at that trail system but don't know of anyone that did it.

We have been riding there for a few years. this year we stayed at the Palisade state park in Sterling in an RV. Last year we stayed on the other side of the mountain in Ferron at an Airbnb. Few years ago we stayed in an Airbnb in Sterling. There is plenty of dispersed camping also. All the little towns are SxS friendly and you can get to the trails from where ever you stay.
I really like the Arapeen trails, plenty of variety from easy dirt roads to fairly hard trails. Highly recommend you go.
Skyline drive at the top runs the length of the range, highest point is like 10.8k feet. We ran in to some snow blocking the road and had to turn around, this was 5 days ago, June 30.

IMG_20230630_125850.jpg
I probably could have made it thru but the wife and I were by our selves and didn't want risk it.

This is one of our favorite stream crossings, deepest part is about a foot deep. The wife loves to blaze thru and get soaking wet. Not this year though, too cold.

IMG_20230630_113715.jpg

Get a trail map from www.arapeentrail.com or download the Avenza app to your phone. Map is a must have, the app shows all the trails and shows where you are.

If you have any questions just ask.
Dan.

Dammit, I never think to take any pics. But I upgraded the master cylinder and front brakes on the KRX. It pains me to say it, but the brake components on a RZR are bigger, so I think this Brute Performance kit is just RZR S parts. It stops much better than it did, but I’m still totally confident I have some air in the system somewhere. Pedal is still spongy. It didn’t help that although I spent a ton of time bench-bleeding the MC, brake fluid dripped out everywhere in the utter PITA of getting the cylinder actually connected to the brake lines. So, not sure what to do next. I went through 2 qts of DOT 4 flushing with a vacuum pump, and still—soft pedal. At least this thing stops now, though! The brakes and the overall noise have been my primary complaints with this as compared to my old RZR XP1000.

Top Back Refresh