Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
Wowza

Buying 2 things I don't need, heck of a clearance going on for what's left

20240303_122719.jpg

We need a proper farm store here. D&B was awesome with grade 8 hardware sold by the pound.

Go on their website and search bulldog or Reese, lots of shit for 75% off. Like 2" forged drop hitch for $18 VS $65 or adjustable height tri ball hitch for $85 VS ~$250

Wonder why? Must be a brand name change

They got it fixed after a few hours. Will be interesting to see what else I'd like in store.

$100 got me a new tow bar setup, forged 6" drop mount, 2" mount pintle ring, and 2" mount forged tow hook.

Not too shabby. Bulldog was also on sale, the pintle ring was Bulldog brand.

Sale is legit.

Almost bought this WDH… have zero use for it, but $129

Attachments

• IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4666.jpeg
    IMG_4666.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
I'm tempted to buy stuff I don't need, wait 6 months and sell it on ebay :homer:
I sat in the parking lot thinking the same thing...

Then decided that dealing with people wasn't worth the $$. :flipoff2:

I may go back for a bulldog coupler... $39... Don't need it... but I've never been a huge fan of the coupler on my car trailer...

Go figure, I just spent ~$500 on pintle hooks and lunettes for a few setups.

I sat in the parking lot thinking the same thing...

Then decided that dealing with people wasn't worth the $$. :flipoff2:

I may go back for a bulldog coupler... $39... Don't need it... but I've never been a huge fan of the coupler on my car trailer...

I thought the same thing.

I do kinda like that bulldog style coupler. I thought about replacing the cheaper coupler on my little enclosed, but for $120, meh. Now it's $40 or so......

I told my buddy, good thing the closet tsc is over an hour away, but tonight I have to drive right past it........ :laughing:

Fuckers :flipoff2:

I have 2 more TSC nearby I'll swing by tomorrow just to see what is there. The one I stopped at had 3x of the bulldog couplers but I only bought the one. I'm sure in 10 years I'll be cussing that decision lol :laughing:

It is weird how some Bulldog stuff was marked down and some wasn't. Will have to keep an eye on a few things to see if they get marked down.

PXL_20240306_005802685.jpg

The one I stopped at was a bust.

They had a 3" forged drop hitch (no use to me) and a 2.5" forged drop hitch (kinda can use) but just didn't interest me enough. Basically everything else was cleaned out.

The one I stopped at didn't have any of their prices matching the online prices and there's no cell service in that store and I didn't give enough fucks to go outside and take screenshots because I didn't actually need any of that shit.

The one I stopped at didn't have any of their prices matching the online prices and there's no cell service in that store and I didn't give enough fucks to go outside and take screenshots because I didn't actually need any of that shit.

If it's showing cheaper online, it should ring up at the online price at the register. My store hadn't updated the shelf tags yet so I just took one item that I knew showed cheaper online up to the register to confirm. As soon as they update the shelf tags, that shits going to get cleaned out.

The two things I bought in store while picking up my order rang up cheaper than their already discounted shelf price tags.

The only thing I actually need at the moment was cleaned out (swivel base boat jack). Oh well, I'll pay full price after hemming and hawwing for a while more.

Last edited:
Their online store is deceiving, most of the shit the show won't let you add it to cart.
I sorted by available at location and bought for pickup based on that. I'm guessing the warehouse is pretty cleared out and this is the final round to clear the store shelves.

Guy checking me out said that they were swapping brands and they've had a few online orders of just towing stuff like mine.

If it's showing cheaper online, it should ring up at the online price at the register. My store hadn't updated the shelf tags yet so I just took one item that I knew showed cheaper online up to the register to confirm. As soon as they update the shelf tags, that shits going to get cleaned out.

At the end of the day nothing I own is really capable of exceeding the cheapo HF stuff to the point where I'm worried about it.

I submitted an online order for a tri-ball for $23 out the door just because I need another one of those and it's a good deal.

I thought the same thing.

I do kinda like that bulldog style coupler. I thought about replacing the cheaper coupler on my little enclosed, but for $120, meh. Now it's $40 or so......

I told my buddy, good thing the closet tsc is over an hour away, but tonight I have to drive right past it........ :laughing:

I went back. :laughing:

Picked up the bulldog coupler ($39.99), high lift handle holder (3.29), hi lift repair kit (3.79) and two 2x21 axle straps for $14.99 total.

Manager said they are keeping the Reese and Bulldog brands but making room for new SKU's...

And she tried to talk me into buying the Reese WDH... "you're going to go out to the parking lot, get in your truck and think 'i should buy it...'" She's right.

The hitches I ordered for pickup weren't what I thought they were, and the shelves were cleaned out, so 2 hour round trip for a pair of chain links for 2 bucks. I think I have a 4" drop hitch shipping to me though.

Thanks for the heads up. Went in today. Mostly picked over but did get a hitch and a ball for 19 bucks even though I didn' need it.:dustin:

Top Back Refresh