Toy hauler fuel station problem

TOMS97ZJ

What?
Member Number
Loc
Japatul Valley, CA
I have a 2021 Forrest River Toyhauler.

The fuel station panel is dead.

Anyone know how to bypass this thing and just run a manual switch?

I have power to the panel but it doesn’t light up or respond anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_6761.jpeg
    IMG_6761.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
I have a 2021 Forrest River Toyhauler.

The fuel station panel is dead.

Anyone know how to bypass this thing and just run a manual switch?

I have power to the panel but it doesn’t light up or respond anymore.
I did this in my father in laws, the timer module gizmo was removed and the IN and OUT wire was butt spliced together.

I can't tell you more than that, it was look at the panel and figure out which wire was 12v out of the switch and connect it to the wire going to the fuel station.
That timer deal is bullshit.

My bumper pull toy hauler doesn't even have a switch inside the RV, pump is hot all the time just has a switch mounted on it.

How do you differentiate between pumping and sucking?

Find the pump and install a switch?

Fuse? Test pump manually yet?
The timer is in the power distribution center inside.
I'm not sure who requires it but the 5er's all have them.
IMO its a real pain in the ass.

This is a newer panel that I'd shit can for sure.

1712234751980.png

My '09 Fuzion has a simple old school rotary mechanical timer (think hotel hot tub jet timer) and a rocker switch in a mounted right next to the pump station. Simple and convenient.

My '09 Fuzion has a simple old school rotary mechanical timer (think hotel hot tub jet timer) and a rocker switch in a mounted right next to the pump station. Simple and convenient.
I just don't understand why the need for the timer if there is a switch at the pump?

I actually like having the timer on it, it keeps someone from accidentally leaving the pump on (dead headed). Or worse, pumping when there's a leak.

The timer is in the power distribution center inside.
I'm not sure who requires it but the 5er's all have them.
IMO its a real pain in the ass.

This is a newer panel that I'd shit can for sure.

1712234751980.png
I have the panel in the left.
From what I understand it’s a law or requirement for them to be there. I don’t care and if I can I’ll remove it.
Find the pump and install a switch?

Fuse? Test pump manually yet?

This is what I would like to do.
Fuses all seem to be good, there’s power to the panel.
Figure I can put two switches. Main to kill power so it can’t run, then a two way rocker. One to pump and one to drain.

I have the panel in the left.
From what I understand it’s a law or requirement for them to be there. I don’t care and if I can I’ll remove it.

This is what I would like to do.
Fuses all seem to be good, there’s power to the panel.
Figure I can put two switches. Main to kill power so it can’t run, then a two way rocker. One to pump and one to drain.
I've never seen the drain function... That might not be needed.

edit: you just lift the hose up after you turn the pump off and "drain" the hose?

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s needed or not. It runs the pump backwards to empty the system.
Never had that feature, pumped gas and diesel for 30 years, the pump never ran backwards to clear the hose...

The timer and the switch are both next to the fuel station.
Yes that makes sense but that's not what I have ever seen on fifth wheel RV's.
They put the timer inside with the light switches, and the switch at the fuel station can only be used when the timer has been switched on and has time left.

Yeah, that would be a pain in the ass. Maybe it's the newer trailer's that are like that? This is on a 2009 Keystone Fuzion 5th wheel. As nice as some of the newer trailers are, I like that all of the controls on ours are basic switches. The touch screens in some of the newer ones look cool, but OEM car manufacturers have enough dumb problems with all of the tech stuff, let alone a bunch of hicks slapping trailers together.

That’s a good idea. Might have to try and make something like that.

I wasn’t sure if by replacing the control panel it would make the pump not work.
IMO it would be very hard to leave the pump running GGGGGGRRRRRRRRGGGGGRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGRRRRR :idea:

I've never seen the drain function... That might not be needed.

edit: you just lift the hose up after you turn the pump off and "drain" the hose?
When you turn it off, it goes through a suck cycle.You open the pump handle so it sucks all of the fuel back into the tank. That way there isn’t any fuel in the line during transport.

I asked earlier how you manage this, but got the gag joke.

When you turn it off, it goes through a suck cycle.You open the pump handle so it sucks all of the fuel back into the tank. That way there isn’t any fuel in the line during transport.

I asked earlier how you manage this, but got the gag joke.
I explained how I do it once I learned what you are actually talking about.
Turn the pump off, leave handle open and raise hose to "pour" remaining fuel into vehicle tank being filled.
This "feature" seems to be made specifically to sell shit to RV'ers...

It is simply not needed. BUT I don't actually care how you do it, the OP's post sux, more of a too lazy to get involved maybe someone can do it for me from this really shitty picture type of post.

ZERO effort given...

I explained how I do it once I learned what you are actually talking about.
Turn the pump off, leave handle open and raise hose to "pour" remaining fuel into vehicle tank being filled.
This "feature" seems to be made specifically to sell shit to RV'ers...

It is simply not needed. BUT I don't actually care how you do it, the OP's post sux, more of a too lazy to get involved maybe someone can do it for me from this really shitty picture type of post.

ZERO effort given...
lol. I don’t need anyone to do it. Just wondering if anyone has done it.

I work 6 days and it’s been shitty weather and I have two young kids. Probably have time next weekend to have a go at it.

I would t leave it running. My BIL is absent minded and I could see him doing it. Or in the future one of my kids.
It's possible I suppose but damn hard to do in my experience. If the switch is at the hose I fail to see how you don't hang it back up and flip the switch to make that terrible noise stop. Maybe my pump is super shitty and loud....

I wouldn't do it, my kids wouldn't do it, I'm sure you wouldn't do it, but I could see it happening. My pump motor is weak and doesn't like being dead headed, so we always put the nozzle in the tank, turn the pump on, and turn it off as quick as possible afterwards to minimize the dead head time.

I wouldn't do it, my kids wouldn't do it, I'm sure you wouldn't do it, but I could see it happening. My pump motor is weak and doesn't like being dead headed, so we always put the nozzle in the tank, turn the pump on, and turn it off as quick as possible afterwards to minimize the dead head time.

Agreed, in my case I never had the inside or outside timer, didn't have to modify anything.
So I was suggesting if anyone is curious about the timer I don't think they need it.

Agreed. I like having it (the way mine is setup), but I don't think I'd feel the need to add one if it wasn't there in the first place.

Had time today to mess with it. Gonna run a main power switch and a momentary to pump. Jumped power and everything works.

Great Success!
Is it fast filling? A momentary switch would be a bigger pain in the ass than a timer on mine. My handle doesn't have auto kick out so I'd have to have the SXS close enough to the trailer to run the switch and the valve.

The hose is super short. Like 4’. I can hit the switch and fill up easily. Fills pretty quick. Few gallons a minute. Took maybe a minute or two to fill my Teryx.

Top Back Refresh