What's new

Tow Rig / DD / Plow Rig Tires

These ride really good and are quiet. Made in the USA too. 35x12.50x17E

IMG_20230701_194916088.jpg
Keep us updated on them after you get some miles racked up. interested in seeing how they work for ya.

pulled my gooseneck last night with the truck with the new BFG on it. I have already taken it back once to get the tires rebalanced. I have a shimmy above 65. It was 100* both days I was at the tire shop and maybe they were like fuggit it's too damn hot to deal with these.. but I spent $1700 on these fuckers so they are gonna drive smooth or they can put something else on it. I have a CO trip coming up Labor Day week and I am not driving 800 miles each way with the steering vibrating. The worn out Goodyears I took off of it drove smooth and straight so it's not the truck.

pulled my gooseneck last night with the truck with the new BFG on it. I have already taken it back once to get the tires rebalanced. I have a shimmy above 65. It was 100* both days I was at the tire shop and maybe they were like fuggit it's too damn hot to deal with these.. but I spent $1700 on these fuckers so they are gonna drive smooth or they can put something else on it. I have a CO trip coming up Labor Day week and I am not driving 800 miles each way with the steering vibrating. The worn out Goodyears I took off of it drove smooth and straight so it's not the truck.
That’s not what I was hoping to hear

That’s not what I was hoping to hear
have another appt on Friday after work to get them balanced again.. will update again.

caveat of this truck is only driven once a week or two when towing. i drove it home from the shop last time I had them balanced and parked it. I dont think they should have flat spotted but i guess it is possible? I dont get a shimmy until about 65 so I think it's a balance issue.

Well I had them rebalanced. I watched them balance two and they were both off about an ounce each. One was about 50 on the Hunter road force balancer when <30 is recommended. That one got moved to the rear.

It still has a little bit of vibes at speed but like the kid said at the tire shop. They are a mud tire.

I still think they should run smooth when brand new though.

Well I had them rebalanced. I watched them balance two and they were both off about an ounce each. One was about 50 on the Hunter road force balancer when <30 is recommended. That one got moved to the rear.

It still has a little bit of vibes at speed but like the kid said at the tire shop. They are a mud tire.

I still think they should run smooth when brand new though.

Thats bs, I've done 80 mph+ with cheap mud tires. No reason those shouldn't be smooth.

Also, they aren't advertised as a mud tire, they're advertised as a work truck tire. I'd tell them figure it out or take them back and give me a refund.

Thats bs, I've done 80 mph+ with cheap mud tires. No reason those shouldn't be smooth.

Also, they aren't advertised as a mud tire, they're advertised as a work truck tire. I'd tell them figure it out or take them back and give me a refund.
So update to this. Discount Tire treated me very well throughout this deal. The rebalanced them twice and still couldn't get them to run true. They ended up replacing them with KO2 and refunding the difference. the KT took 5+ ounces to balance on the two that I watched the kid balance. The KO2 took .75-1.25 oz on the two I watched. (they were double teaming it on two tire machines/balancers)

I hope that these are "seasoning the wok" type issues and BFG gets things straightened out. Still, not a good sign that the tires are making it to market with these kinds of issues.

Keep us updated on them after you get some miles racked up. interested in seeing how they work for ya.
About 2k on them. Still well balanced and low noise. A friend just put them on his Super Duty and is very happy.

We have Firestone transforce at2 on a regular cab 6.0 service body Ford that gets beat on and always has about 200lbs of diesel in the bed. They seem to hold up to farm duty. I was likely going to consider them for my personal 2011 f250.

My beater/trash truck (01 chevy 3/4 ton) really needed tires so I decided to buy new ones for the everyday work truck (09 chevy 3/4 ton) and swap the old tires to the beater truck.

I took off the BFG KO all terrains 265/75r16 load range e tires with 45k miles on them and 2017 date codes and swapped them to the beater truck. They are at about 30-40% tread, one is worn more heavily in the middle like it was over inflated, odd since I keep all of them about the same pressure. No complaints on the bfg tires always road nice, good in our once or twice a year snow, decent for an a/t in muddy path or field. Truck is only used to tow or haul, but it is a light truck for a 3/4 ton gas, regular cab so maybe that helped with the wear.

The wheels on the beater truck where pretty rough so they got blasted and some rust oleum.

368675685_981960739683327_6162957430902977463_n.jpg

For the 09 I bought Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires, same 265/75r16. My local tire guy was honest he had a set with date codes pushing the older side of "new" but he made me a deal I was happy with. Only thing I found a bit odd. 2 of the tires with 2021 date codes say made in Thailand, the other 2 with 2022 date codes say made in Japan

369200790_1127295001563404_6230874743047864165_n.jpg

369249050_1260410624664947_2006481510456135462_n.jpg

368339398_991017812230031_2216241400916060607_n.jpg

Love those at3w tires. I have them on my 22 f250 and have about 14k on them. I tow my gooseneck with 2 jeeps (about 19500 lbs) and they still look like new. I would say around 6k of those miles are towing.

Just ordered Falken at3w for the F150 for $279 ea on amazon in a 285/65r18, which was cheaper than the stock 3/4t size on it now (275/70r18) and the stock F150 size (275/65r18) it comes out basically in the middle height wise and obviously a hair wider.

Was close to trying kenda at's but theses weren't much more and I have experience with them.

Also, these pathfinder/Hankooks hit 90k miles, still not technically to the wear bars, i wish it was spring time as i think i could hit 100k :laughing:

20230910_115811.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered Falken at3w for the F150 for $279 ea on amazon in a 285/65r18, which was cheaper than the stock 3/4t size on it now (275/70r18) and the stock F150 size (275/65r18) it comes out basically in the middle height wise and obviously a hair wider.

Was close to trying kenda at's but theses weren't much more and I have experience with them.

Also, these pathfinder/Hankooks hit 90k miles, still not technically to the wear bars, i wish it was spring time as i think i could hit 100k :laughing:

20230910_115811.jpg
The Falkens are great tires. You got a decent price.

The Falkens are great tires. You got a decent price.

I ran them years ago in a 285/70r17 c rated on my 4runner, it was right before they got popular and I think we paid like $700 shipped. Ran them forever, highway, snow, rocks, gravel, worked great, quiet, ect. No idea how many miles, but seemed to last forever. Even sold them at like 30% for $200 :laughing:

I think they're probably the best all around tires I've owned. Although these kenda RTs are up there so far.

I ran them years ago in a 285/70r17 c rated on my 4runner, it was right before they got popular and I think we paid like $700 shipped. Ran them forever, highway, snow, rocks, gravel, worked great, quiet, ect. No idea how many miles, but seemed to last forever. Even sold them at like 30% for $200 :laughing:

I think they're probably the best all around tires I've owned. Although these kenda RTs are up there so far.
They went way up in price. I ran 2 sets on 2 different trucks. The Nittos I got in 35s were cheaper than the Falkens. 2 other friends got the Nitto Recon and they really like them. Friends Yukon XL

39053.jpeg

So update to this. Discount Tire treated me very well throughout this deal. The rebalanced them twice and still couldn't get them to run true. They ended up replacing them with KO2 and refunding the difference. the KT took 5+ ounces to balance on the two that I watched the kid balance. The KO2 took .75-1.25 oz on the two I watched. (they were double teaming it on two tire machines/balancers)

K02s are my tires of choice
How are you liking them?

K02s are my tires of choice
How are you liking them?
this truck had them on it when i bought it from a buddy. they went 40k+ before i swapped them out for the Ultra Terrain GY. I ran them 45k or so and they were done.

As far as the KO2 now. they run smooth and quiet.. only issue i have with them is they pick up a lot of small rocks.

Anyone know of a 127-129 rated 37x11.5/18 other than Nitto Ridge Grappler?

I’m a huge fan of Wildpeaks, but they don’t offer that size. Do not want a 12.5 or 13.5… and don’t want to change wheel size.

Really just want something about an inch to Inch.5 taller than the 285/75-18’s on the truck. Ideally a 36x11.5, but I don’t think that exists.

I was reading 71PA_Highboy 's thread about tires for his tow rig and thought back to this issue. Does anyone have an updated experience on the BFG KTs? When I first saw them announced I was thinking about using them on my K2500 when it next needed new tires. I've typically been running the BFG ATs on it, but have to admit that I'm not getting anywhere near the lifespan out of them that I get on lighter vehicles and the KT sounded like it would offer a good option for my uses. Wades_76_cj7 experience wasn't what I was wanting to hear, though, and I haven't seen anyone else with any newer experience.

I was reading 71PA_Highboy 's thread about tires for his tow rig and thought back to this issue. Does anyone have an updated experience on the BFG KTs? When I first saw them announced I was thinking about using them on my K2500 when it next needed new tires. I've typically been running the BFG ATs on it, but have to admit that I'm not getting anywhere near the lifespan out of them that I get on lighter vehicles and the KT sounded like it would offer a good option for my uses. Wades_76_cj7 experience wasn't what I was wanting to hear, though, and I haven't seen anyone else with any newer experience.
I'd be curious too. They sound like a great option for a srw service truck locker f&r. Not so great if they are shit piles.

I was told I probably had the first set that Discount Tire had sold in the KC area. I really wanted to like them. The tread was nice and rough for someone that would occasionally get off in the dirt on a muddy work site. If they had been round and would have balanced I would still have them. I ended up exchanging them out for KO2's while the KO2 is a great all season and highway tire they are not known for mud traction. lol

when the KO2's wear out I will look into the KTs again.

Top Back Refresh