What's new

SXII Stickies.....

Sean said $768 at the top of this page :confused:
This is the email I got from Interco.

We sold the one and only set of 40x13.50-17 (Model SX2/RC-17) today. We will have more in the coming months. Right now Retail is around $600 per tire plus freight, but we are working to get those lower, we hope. We have some of the 15/42-17 (model SX2/RC-32) left and the retail for around $922 a tire, plus freight.

The price I was told was $922 for 42” and around $600 for 40”..seems like a big price jump for 2”! They also sound like the big objective is to get the price down which is good thing for sure.
Yeah...that's the retail price (or I guess MSRP is a better word).....

yep that's the MSRP. I was quoted 498 and 768 for 40 and 42 respectively.

My 40s show they are out for delivery today.

yep that's the MSRP. I was quoted 498 and 768 for 40 and 42 respectively.

My 40s show they are out for delivery today.
I‘m bumping this for updates on them stickies , getting them broke in or still in the garage ? I frequent the Interco blem list and this morning before work I noticed a lot of 5 15/42-17 SXll sticky tires for sale . I gave them a call and they were available so I picked them up for 595 a tire ...they actual still show up on the list but are in transit. They did add the SXll and the LTB in competition compound to the website so they might be close to larger quantity production runs.

Mine are still sitting in the shop....haven't even mounted 'em yet.

Not SX related but that pretty well describes how the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss works in Tennessee anyway. Digs to china but doesn’t hook to dry concrete.
Saw a couple of local guys running those at Good Evening Ranch here in WV. Nothing but bad reviews from them. One guy with a buggy and a brand new set said he was taking them off as soon as he got home.

I‘m bumping this for updates on them stickies , getting them broke in or still in the garage ? I frequent the Interco blem list and this morning before work I noticed a lot of 5 15/42-17 SXll sticky tires for sale . I gave them a call and they were available so I picked them up for 595 a tire ...they actual still show up on the list but are in transit. They did add the SXll and the LTB in competition compound to the website so they might be close to larger quantity production runs.
They said they had a few sets available. Buddy bought 5 this morning as well.

Saw a couple of local guys running those at Good Evening Ranch here in WV. Nothing but bad reviews from them. One guy with a buggy and a brand new set said he was taking them off as soon as he got home.
They certainly look like they should work but for some reason don’t.

In my limited experience with them, I assumed they didn’t work due to a heavy full-ish body Pathfinder on tons and 40’s plus the anemic 6 cylinder under the hood. But if others are having similar problems in other parts of the country, must be the tires and not necessarily the rig.

I picked up the SX2 40s. I have mine mounted and have had them out twice so far. Admittedly, I thought they were horrible after the first day, but some granite at K2 really helped to start breaking them in. They are getting some crazy texture and the edges are wearing well. Ive been a little hard on the skinny peddle with my newish turbo motor. we shall see how they last long term.
My buddy just picked up a set of the 42s to put on his rig.
Driver side.jpeg

smoking butthole.jpg
sx2 break in'.jpg

I just ordered the last full set of the 42" blems, thanks for the heads up Bullitt1 :grinpimp:

EDIT: I am a dummy, for some reason I thought Bullitt1 posted that there were 15. There are probably more available...

Last edited:
I just ordered the last full set of the 42" blems, thanks for the heads up Bullitt1 :grinpimp:

EDIT: I am a dummy, for some reason I thought Bullitt1 posted that there were 15. There are probably more available...
Its said Monday night they had 5 42’s and it still says that now , so I’m guessing they‘re releasing them in groups of five to keep people aggressively buying them for fear of the supply drying up…smart move I guess.

Between you , me and my buddy I know of 14 of 42’s that have sold .

Actually it’s 19..I missed that post a couple up from here.

What do the 42s actually measure?
I got a call from the freight company that mine are showing up on the 1st, so I'll be dismounting the bald 42" Pitbulls I was using for mock up and mounting up the SX IIs and I'll take some measurements.

Interco specs them at 41.40", so I suspect they are going to be on the short side.

I picked up the SX2 40s. I have mine mounted and have had them out twice so far. Admittedly, I thought they were horrible after the first day, but some granite at K2 really helped to start breaking them in. They are getting some crazy texture and the edges are wearing well. Ive been a little hard on the skinny peddle with my newish turbo motor. we shall see how they last long term.
My buddy just picked up a set of the 42s to put on his rig.

I take it they are working as stickies should after they broke in? I just got a set yesterday off the blem list and am curious what I can expect compared to my 39 reds (east coast wheeling). I didn't really need a set of tires, but had some spare wheels and now I think I should be prepared for wet or dry stuff.

They are working better and better. I still have a set of 39” reds as well. It’s hard to compare them directly since these are still newish and the reds are broken in.

They certainly look like they should work but for some reason don’t.

In my limited experience with them, I assumed they didn’t work due to a heavy full-ish body Pathfinder on tons and 40’s plus the anemic 6 cylinder under the hood. But if others are having similar problems in other parts of the country, must be the tires and not necessarily the rig.
I think they are purely a tire for "hill killers". Kind of like what Boggers are for mud.

Just a pointless pic, they measure right at 40” off the wheel. They’re pretty soft for sure ..they feel softer than the BFG reds I had but the magic of red is what they’re made of.

Now I just need somebody to come through with wheels .

IMG_0764.jpeg

Yeah, my 42s were 40.5" tall unmounted....measured with a level and tape.

Just got my 40 blem stickies this week. Gonna mount them next week and take them wheeling on some slippery pocono mtn rocks mid june. They feel super soft compared to my reds, and look to be a little bigger (reds are mounted on rig w/ 20ish psi). ill report back in a couple weeks after i break them in making grocery/diaper runs and then take them wheeling.

Just got my 40 blem stickies this week. Gonna mount them next week and take them wheeling on some slippery pocono mtn rocks mid june. They feel super soft compared to my reds, and look to be a little bigger (reds are mounted on rig w/ 20ish psi). ill report back in a couple weeks after i break them in making grocery/diaper runs and then take them wheeling.
I thought the same thing about the tread blocks being more pliable than my full tread reds , I’d be interested in seeing a durometer reading on these just for the hell of it.

I thought the same thing about the tread blocks being more pliable than my full tread reds , I’d be interested in seeing a durometer reading on these just for the hell of it.
41 is what mine read.....

Have any of you guys who've bought Interco's blems been able to see why it was considered a blem?

I bought 5 - 45" SXII's a number of years ago and I could never see any reason for them to be blems.

Funny thing is I’ve always heard that reds were like 60 which Just further proves that “soft” and “ sticky” aren’t synonymous.
Yep....what it's made from is probably more important than the durometer....problem is, it's about impossible for a laymen to judge them any other way.

Have any of you guys who've bought Interco's blems been able to see why it was considered a blem?

I bought 5 - 45" SXII's a number of years ago and I could never see any reason for them to be blems.
Cant tell with the ones i just got, they all look normal to me.

Cant tell with the ones i just got, they all look normal to me.
The only thing I could find cosmetically was the misalignment of the molds..see the tread offset at that flashing line?
IMG_0765.jpeg

From what the sales guy told me, it was just a visual Blemish. They wouldn't sell a tire that could be potentially unsafe. Could be a load of BS but who knows.

I've got my fingers crossed they bring those 45s back very soon.

Top Back Refresh