What's new

Splicing several grounds together?

I believe the question had more to do with why a stud ground would cause an inherent issue with harness strain. Seems easy enough to plan it into the harness build like anything else
I assume the standoff makes it so some of the wire's weight will be carried by the ring terminal no matter what you do. That, and connecting more than a couple ring terminals to it means the wires will splay out like Medusa's hairdo.

I assume the standoff makes it so some of the wire's weight will be carried by the ring terminal no matter what you do. That, and connecting more than a couple ring terminals to it means the wires will splay out like Medusa's hairdo.
yes

This is a pretty clean solution. Will need a crimper though. The connector is internally bused. See the diagram on the end, all 8 pins are connected to each other. You can also get blocks that have different configurations.

DT04-08PB-P021_Back.jpg

This is a pretty clean solution. Will need a crimper though. The connector is internally bused. See the diagram on the end, all 8 pins are connected to each other. You can also get blocks that have different configurations.

DT04-08PB-P021_Back.jpg

You can also build your own, like this, for not too much money or work: DEUTSCH Connectors – DEUTSCH Bussed Connectors

- Get some of these (or the PCB-mount connector of your choice):
  • Get a piece of copper and drill holes with the correct pin spacing.
  • Solder it together.
  • Get a box without a lid and pot it for vibration/weather resistance.

I wish there were a cost effective version of this in the US. I'd use the heck out of it...

Weld-Studs-and-Accessories-1200x591.jpeg

I wish there were a cost effective version of this in the US. I'd use the heck out of it...

Weld-Studs-and-Accessories-1200x591.jpeg

It's been awhile since I've searched much, but the last I did all I was turning up was European stuff. Now, after looking at your link, I'm getting other stuff too...

Not exactly cheap...

It's been awhile since I've searched much, but the last I did all I was turning up was European stuff. Now, after looking at your link, I'm getting other stuff too...

Not exactly cheap...
Well you could always microwave transformer yourself one.

Lots of people have made their own spot welders with them...

Top Back Refresh