What's new

solved my tow rig issues new truck to me 2009 3500 cummins

They are junk. Fused to the valve stems in less than a year from corrosion and had to get the valve stems replaced.
Bstteries all died a couple weeks into winter too.

thanks!

I'd antiseize them at a min, but seemed like water got into the sensor and corroded from the battery into the valve stem. It's a surprise they didn't leak.

All 6, so wasn't just a defect on 1. The tire shop went to put my summer tires on and called asking what the deal was.
cut em off. Frigging Chyna garbage.

like the Goldenrod clone fuel filter and hose swivel i got today. Shit leaks to the point that no way they did any QC testing.

good morning all,

so this followed me home this weekend.
one of the more sketchy things its gets super wobbly the higher it goes up... lol

1697459062791.png

Do they make any pipe bumpers that don't look like it belongs on an old man owned 80-90s truck?

Good am all,

does anyone know of a OBD2 gauge cluster that will get trans temp, boost. i do not thik i am even working this truck at all with what i do but i would like to monitor. i know i could just install mechanical gauges but if the OBD2 can get the info then i like that route.

On another note i did get TPS tire caps for my trailer because we had 3 flats on our last trip, and maybe one of them could have been avoided if we could see what the tire pressure / temp was doing during the trip.

This week i will be picking up a pick up camper to handle all my sleeping needs. the next hurdle is see if i need a hitch extension.

keep you posted. cheers

I have the Bully Dog GT 40420 in my 2008 Ram 2500, used it for the power programming pre delete and now just use it for gauges. shows 4 # readouts and then can do a single in a swing gauge or as a graph. Also keeps track of max for whatever you have selected for the big readout. Reads both pyros, boost, trans, engine temp and also reads out dpf levels and can do a forced regen. Need to get a pyro pulled out of the old exhaust and installed so it will read egt since they no longer offer the standalone egt addon.

I have used a similar TPMS setup on my F550 for about a year now and no issues.

Admittedly, it is garage kept and the truck isn't used often so I may not be the best "test bed" for these TPMS setups. Antiseize is a good idea.

loaded it up today. 20k as it sits, took it to a grain bin scale. still have a few more things to load. i estimate in total rolling weight will be just shy of 21k.

You had a chance to see what kind of mileage the Cummings is getting with that setup?

I was hoping a pop up camper would save a bit on fuel, but was getting 10-11mpg. Which maybe isn't horrible for 20k lbs, but no better than my 7.3 with a regular camper.

if i go forward. no issues. if i try to jack knife i will hit the jack. other than that good to go. i can back up as normal. just not sharp
Makes sense there. Do you think relocating the jack will solve the limiting issue or going to try a hitch extension too?

yes. from what i can see the jack is what limits the turning. and right now on flat ground the jack would go under the bumper of the camper. but a inch i think i am gonna get a bigger jack and mount it further back and centered. we will see how this works out this trip and come up with solutions to problems i had no idea i had. ahhahaa :lmao::beer::beer:

10k square jack right against the deck is the way to go. Let's you unhook with weight on it too.

yes. from what i can see the jack is what limits the turning. and right now on flat ground the jack would go under the bumper of the camper. but a inch i think i am gonna get a bigger jack and mount it further back and centered. we will see how this works out this trip and come up with solutions to problems i had no idea i had. ahhahaa :lmao::beer::beer:
I think that's like 80% of this hobby.

Made it to spring field. Drove real well. Crazy windy. About 9.5 mpg. Not great at all. Started out at 11-12 in the am before we hit the shitty head wind.
Wind has a huge effect on mpg.

I find it wild though how a lot of semi's can get 6-7 mpg grossing 80,000 and pushing so much air but give a pickup a decent load and it drops down to within a couple mpg of that

Wind has a huge effect on mpg.

I find it wild though how a lot of semi's can get 6-7 mpg grossing 80,000 and pushing so much air but give a pickup a decent load and it drops down to within a couple mpg of that

That's probably on the higher side for a semi though. Like probably only the super aerodynamic ones with all the gay flaps amd wheel covers. They have a lot of money into optimizing fuel mileage.

The average pickup has money into aerodynamics also, bit ad a trailer or cab over amd it goes out the window.

chaplinfj60 what speed were you going? Around 10mpg is just what it is with a cabover

That's probably on the higher side for a semi though. Like probably only the super aerodynamic ones with all the gay flaps amd wheel covers. They have a lot of money into optimizing fuel mileage.

The average pickup has money into aerodynamics also, bit ad a trailer or cab over amd it goes out the window.

chaplinfj60 what speed were you going? Around 10mpg is just what it is with a cabover

Your average fleet is between 6-7 depending on the time of year. 7 in the spring/fall when temps are moderate and idle time is low. 6-ish in the winter when you’re idling a lot. That was on a 2k tractor fleet with mostly ISX’s doing both local pickup and delivery during the day and road use at night. Zero aero bits aside from a couple road only units with tank skirts and cab fairings that consistently got 7.5+. I see the same on my 7 truck fleet of straights with ISL’s too.

Keep in mind that as a percent, going from 6 to 8 mpg is a 20% bump in mileage. Kinda skews my mental scale when you’re used to comparing 17 vs 19 mpg and it not really mattering.

Top Back Refresh