What's new

simple chicken rub/marinades

Member Number
Loc
socal
in an effort to eat less garbage ive been eating about a 1lb of chicken breast for lunch. i usually used stubbs chicken rubb, but the local markets dropped the stubbs brand so i have been getting it from amazon, which is out of stock at the moment. so what you got for simple quick and easy ways for churching up boneless/skinless chicken breats/thighs.

Pick up any “Cajun rub” and season the chicken. Mix teriyaki and worcestershire to toss on top when cooking. I do this every Sunday on chicken breast to make for sandwiches for the week at work.

Chicken Shit.

Haha really. Best I’ve used so far.

IMG_9956.jpeg

For nothing fancy, I hit both sides with garlic powder, lawry seasoned salt, and lawry seasoned pepper.

keeping it simple this week with what was on hand, got some other rubs coming to try out.

1688341138857.png

Good on you for trying to eat better.

Insanely Good Chicken Thighs​

easy

12 hrs 30 mins

serves 4

INGREDIENTS​

• 8 chicken thighs, skin on, and bone in
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • ½ cup soy sauce
  • 4 teaspoons sugar
  • 6-8 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
  • 1 large yellow onion, sliced
  • 1-2 diced jalapenos

DIRECTIONS​

1. Combine the buttermilk, soy sauce, sugar, onions, jalapeno, and garlic until blended.
  2. Place the chicken in a resealable bag, then add the onions and marinade.
  3. Shake the bag to coat the chicken thoroughly, then marinate for 12-24 hours, turning 2-3 times.
  4. Grill over the fire or hot coals until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.

Montreal chicken and italian salad dressing.

if you're grilling that stuff, cut it in half top to bottom and coat everything then throw it on the grill to 150.

If you're doing it in a pan, cut it into strips. You'll enjoy it a lot more with seasoning and flavor on more sides of chicken.

I like to pound out the breasts and throw em in a zip lock with some soy sauce (or bachans - Costco sells it) some fresh ginger, little bit of smashed galic cloves, maybe some s&p. I usually freestyle it, but breasts are boring AF so you gotta soup em up. Thighs are a different story, but the same works for thighs. I just cook em differently so the skin gets nice n crispy.

My goto has always been Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and soy sauce.
Chicken, salmon, porkchops

Olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt. Let it sit for a while and throw on the grill. Add fresh jalapenos to the mix if you have them

I make 4-5 pounds of chicken breasts every week in our instant pot.

Add 4 cups of cold water, 5 tsp of salt, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp oregano, and a few bay leaves. Usually do 2 lbs. of chicken at a time. Cut the bigger breasts into a few smaller strips. Add to the water, seal and set the instant pot to high pressure for 0 (zero) minutes. Once it hits full pressure, let it naturally release for 10 minutes. Open and eat. It's perfectly salty and moist every single time.

complete disregard for the path in december. indulging was enjoyable but man does eating garbage slow ya down.

back on the path, good to go for the week and then some.

IMG_1494.jpeg

EVOO, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, ginger, touch of brown sugar, black pepper, no salt.

Rub n sit for 30, then grill.

This is my pack of drumsticks mix:

¼ cup brown sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper

Once in a while I’ll do a “Chicken Teriyaki Bowl” dinner.

I’ll marinade some chicken in this stuff for a couple hours before grilling :smokin:

90984BF7-D297-4AAF-AC5B-8AC447187A84.jpeg
Then add steamed broccoli and white rice :smokin:

Top Back Refresh