What's new

Sidekick R&P with full case samurai locker

SKULLYOTA

NOOB
Member Number
Am I going to have an issue using track/ring and pinion gears with a Samurai air locker in a samurai third? I know I’ve done it in the past with lunchbox lockers and the pin cans.

I’m mainly wondering if I’ll need the pin can and side adjuster spacer with a full case air locker or if they won’t work for some reason

Am I going to have an issue using track/ring and pinion gears with a Samurai air locker in a samurai third? I know I’ve done it in the past with lunchbox lockers and the pin cans.

I’m mainly wondering if I’ll need the pin can and side adjuster spacer with a full case air locker or if they won’t work for some reason

I don't have your answer, but I wonder if the sidekick locker would be better for this app?

Well I already have a TR208 air locker, which should be Sammy rear or Sidekick front. It is installed with factory Sammy gears in a Sammy steel third

I haven't dealt with samurai/trackick air lockers, but I would guess yes you would need the can and spacer with trackick gears, for the same reasons they are needed when you swap trackick gears onto a samurai carrier and into a samurai third.
If nothing else, you might check with one of the zuk vendors that carry the air locker and they may be able to tell you.
Does it come with a replacement sidegear adjuster? I am seeing what looks to be a replacement adjuster in the pics. If not, I know you can make an adjuster that will work out of a stock adjuster by grinding a couple of the threads off the inside of the adjuster so it will thread in farther without bottoming out. Then you can find a tin can that will fit over the carrier to hold the pins in.
1713469502627.png

Top Back Refresh