What's new

Rear brake hose?

thezentree

Member Number
I'm getting close to stuffing the rear axle under my Taco but need to replace the frame-to-axle brake hose. It's like 23" long, normal Toyota double flare fittings, but I can't find one that long. Toytec says they have a 20" long 80 series hose, but I'd like to find one longer.

Where do yall buy long brake hoses?

I'm getting close to stuffing the rear axle under my Taco but need to replace the frame-to-axle brake hose. It's like 23" long, normal Toyota double flare fittings, but I can't find one that long. Toytec says they have a 20" long 80 series hose, but I'd like to find one longer.

Where do yall buy long brake hoses?
Custom made at your local hydraulic supply.

On the earlier trucks the rear soft brake line is 1 male end 1 female end and you can just stick two OEM hoses together for extra length. Is the Tacoma not like that too? edit: just checked my parts Tacoma and it looks the same.

This one measures out to like 36".
IMG_9784.jpg

Last edited:
Since you have the whole ass end of the truck cut off anyway, just drop the bracket and re use the hose you have

The hose I have is trashed and I can't find a replacement (it's got a Crown logo on it but their website sucks donkey dick and they apparently only sell kits). Only reason I'm looking for new ones.

Y'all are right though, I'm overthinking this. Just trying to find off the shelf stuff that works so I can get this thing running again.

Walk into any local parts store and buy 2. They are $20 to $30 a hose depending on your store.

also consider AN stainless brake lines. you can get a fitting that takes it from metric to -3 AN and then you can get any length .

i also found on ih8mud i think a list of all metric rubber brake lines by length. if i recall i used some mazda application that had a crazy long rubber line.

Toyota Fittings are 10mm x 1.00 thread with an inverted flare. ProComp #7210 are Longer than stock Stainless Steel brake lines. (set of three)
One piece 23" long replacement brake line for the front is Napa #38688 [EDIT: This turns out to be a front line from a 90-96 Nissan 300ZX if you wanna get one from somewhere else.]

The flexible rear brake line (goes from the hardline to the rear axle) is commonly used for extending the front and rear brakes lines since it has one male end and one female end. So when these lines are swapped inline with the stock lines, and you will have plenty of room for extra lift and flexy suspensions. The Napa #38256 is the stock length (19" long) rear flexible brake hose. Napa #36881 is 11" long if you need one a bit shorter.

i had this an old email i saved....

Top Back Refresh