What's new

Random Parts Interchange Thread

[memphis]

Web wheeler
Member Number
I'll update this from time to time on things I’ve learned along the way. Hopefully it helps someone in the future.

The most recent is TJ floor plugs. This may also work for the Cherokee XJ. Not sure about the Grand Cherokee since I’ve never owned one.

The floor plugs that are steel with the little tin wings that rot off (not the round rubber plugs); I wasn’t able to find a replacement years ago for my XJ so I welded over them.

I need to do floor pans in my TJ and the replacement pans don’t come with the steel oval replacement plugs.

Jeep JK Wrangler rubber oval floor plugs fit into these holes! I know a lot of people just pull the plugs. It’s not ideal in the winter time here so I would rather run them and pull them if I swamp it with water.

Spicer ball joints 706116x fit every open knuckle dana solid axle from jeep d30, d44 to gm 10b from late '60s to 93.
Jeep, dodge, ford, gm, ih.

Energy suspension 3.211 bushings, 1.5" leaf spring bushing is far and away the single most common bushing for all makes of leaf springs but also the same bushing used for all aftermarket tube mounts

Energy suspension 3.211 bushings, 1.5" leaf spring bushing is far and away the single most common bushing for all makes of leaf springs but also the same bushing used for all aftermarket tube mounts
These fit the Chevy k5 blazer I believe? 1.5” ID Tube? I have two boxes of them. That’s a great recommendation for this thread. There are two K5 part numbers but I believe that “kit” posted above ALL of the bushings are the same. The other part number has a smaller bushing pair included

You can do a decent mid-travel build on a '97-down Ranger TTB by combining the following four tricks:

The 99-04 era 2wd radius arms are the same length as most of the aftermarket 80-96 era radius arms and bolt onto 80-96 4wd beams (including Ranger).

Full size truck/van coil buckes will bolt on and enough of the holes line up that you can use them for alignment to drill the others.

You can slap D44 knuckles on a TTB Ranger by reaming out the tapers. Dana 44 Knuckle Swap On To Dana 35 - The Ranger Station

You can 8-lug a D44 TTB using all the knuckle out parts from a 3/4-ton square-body Dana 44 TTB 8-Lug Swap (lots of pictures)

None of the above require welding. If you can weld then do a proper cut and turn using fullsize truck parts.

Bumping this up…
What’s the part number for 2.63” poly bushings and the matching inner sleeve for a 9/16 bolt?

I can’t find that combination… when I search based on sleeve length the bolt size drops to 1/2”

Top Back Refresh