What's new

Project LongFranks

Apparently a bunch of Jeep people are freaked out because the door handles on a TJ are backwards compared to a CJ and YJ. Not sure why they care, but I made it tutorials to show them how to do it. Used the jeep so it gets a bump.

I just went out to my JK. Only found a button. Now I can't open the door.:flipoff2:

I just saw that there are a bunch of tutorials on how to reverse them :lmao:

Mine are so messed up that I have to use a similar two handed technique to open them.:homer: Passengers usually give up thinking I have the door locked.:homer:

Apparently a bunch of Jeep people are freaked out because the door handles on a TJ are backwards compared to a CJ and YJ
I just swapped TJ doors onto my YJ. Crisis averted. If I hadn't done that, I'm not sure how I would have gotten in. Probably why you see so many old jeeps driving around with no doors.

Went to JV to wheel. Some dirtbike thing was happening, so we went up some wash.

4E47CA24-B15B-4710-93FE-130E32C044E1.jpeg
E4880356-5497-4134-9140-3F40305F756E.jpeg
IMG_2479.jpeg

Went to JV to wheel. Some dirtbike thing was happening, so we went up some wash.

Ha!.... KOM looked pretty knarley. I did like how they ran a couple sections in the crevices where it forced a single line.

You staying for the big show too?

That blue Zuk looks familiar ish, has there been a build thread on it somewhere?

That blue Zuk looks familiar ish, has there been a build thread on it somewhere?
I don’t know if there is a build thread. This is the first time it’s been on the trail with me. It’s got Toyota axles, links, and obviously an exo. It may have been on Chappelle’s channel because it’s one of his old friends..

Last edited:
Honest question. When you go wheeling, does your caretaker hang out at the trailhead? or do you try to find her a seat in someone else's rig?

Yes. My locker switches are on the left side of the dash and she can’t quite reach them when harnessed. I can but when I take my hand off the wheel to reach them, usually I hit some thing in the wheel spins me off-line.

It would not be hard to switch them to the passenger side, but then there’s no way I could ever hit them. (she says she still can’t reach those buttons if harnessed)

She says she can also not reach the shifter if she is fully harnessed when it is in reverse. Neither can I I can only go from neutral to low when harnessed

Honest question. When you go wheeling, does your caretaker hang out at the trailhead? or do you try to find her a seat in someone else's rig?
I always try to find her a seat. All three of my caregivers have been Jeeping and all three enjoy it. The one we took to calico didn’t have fun when we went to shaver so I had her set up to be able to hang out in Barstow with the minivan.. But she had such a fun time on our first day trip that she wanted to come again the next day.

Unfortunately, I did not know I was going to be in a relationship when I bought the LJ or I probably would have bought a JKU.

Last edited:
I'm running this harness in my JK. It's sweet because I can reach things in the cab, but still be securely harnessed in. I wouldn't want it in a race car, but I think it's ideal for medium-hardcore rec wheeling.

The 4 point lap belt is so much more secure than the 3 point I'm used to.

Might be a good option for your passenger side.

Tabs:

Yes. My locker switches are on the left side of the dash and she can’t quite reach them when harnessed. I can but when I take my hand off the wheel to reach them, usually I hit some thing in the wheel spins me off-line.

It would not be hard to switch them to the passenger side, but then there’s no way I could ever hit them. (she says she still can’t reach those buttons if harnessed)

She says she can also not reach the shifter if she is fully harnessed when it is in reverse. Neither can I I can only go from neutral to low when harnessed
I'm sure if it becomes a big enough problem there will be a way to solve it. Maybe one of those switch pods that can be velcroed in different places would be a good solution. Run it in one position when she is helping and in another that you can reach if you are alone?

I'm sure if it becomes a big enough problem there will be a way to solve it. Maybe one of those switch pods that can be velcroed in different places would be a good solution. Run it in one position when she is helping and in another that you can reach if you are alone?
That’s not a bad idea. I’m pretty happy with the Carling switches because I can switch them myself. I’m not so sure about the little white buttons on a S pod type.

You could have a separate set of switches on the passenger side and in your side a single switch that enables either the drivers side switches or passenger side switches an on-off-on switch. If that makes sense.

And I never want to hear about a jku in this thread ever again.

Thought my fan was rubbing the shroud due to a baseball card in the spokes sound. Figured my motor mounts were toast. Turns out they were actually OK and I had a broken backing plate on the right rear. Oops.

Top Back Refresh