What's new

LS Block Accessories - Bracket Kits, Pumps, Fuel Rails etc.

[memphis]

Web wheeler
Member Number
I'm searching and finding a lot of random information and would like to have some of it compiled in one place... hence the thread. I'm working with a rebuilt 2000-2002 5.3 Block. I Inherited it rebuilt so I don't know what cam is in it, scoped it, pulled the oil pan to swap a holley pan and so far everything looks good.

I have an LS6 intake for it so that I can close the hood on my project (Willys CJ2A/M38)
  • Do I spend the money and get Holley fuel rails for the stock intake? I have already invested in a Holley Terminator for the engine. It looks like their kit does not come with a cross over tube for the stock rails or am I mistaken? I believe the part number I need is 534-209 or is there another complete kit?
  • There is also Summit Racing 227152 which says it kits the stock LS6 intake?
Bracket kits... I haven't invested in anything because I am not 100% sure what I want... I would like to move the alternator to the passenger side and move the power steering up higher to make room for a JK steering box. I was looking at ICT Billet but I am thinking I would rather run a tensioner versus a cam turnbuckle adjuster that they offer?

Currently I am running a truck crank pulley. I am not opposed to swapping it since I don't have a bracket kit ordered for this engine. It does have a truck water pump installed (used) from my other donor engine (incase this rebuild blows up) and if I swap the crank pulley I could use a ICT kit that has a tensioner

If I am going through all of the trouble of swapping swapping to a shorter crank pulley... I am assuming using the Camaro style power steering pump doesn't work worth a crap in a wheeler. I'm not running full hydro. I am not opposed to hydro assist. Can a newer express van power steering pump work with any combination of bracket kits? This is my biggest area of confusion... the power steering pump info is so scattered... there was a thread here even and I can't find it now...

You mean the differences between the type 2 and the Saginaw power steering pumps?

Last edited:
Also I think I found the thread I was referring to…

I’m no expert but what I have found is that LS has two power steering pumps. Saginaw and Type 2 pumps. From my understanding the Trucks have the Saginaw and cars have the type 2. The bolt patterns are different and the pumps aren’t interchangeable without some work.

Saginaw with the integrated resevoir
1705874544930.jpeg

Type 2 with or without the resevoir
1705874752431.jpeg

1705874775304.jpeg

I'm running LsxConcepts stuff on my Ls3. Don't have any complaints with it. It uses a Type 2 steering pump and it doesn't have any problems with my steering box. Used a PSC remote reservoir.

20230815_181631.jpg

Lssimple.net has brackets to use stock truck stuff and isn't nearly as costly as some of the other options.

LSXInnovations is another place to look.

For your fuel rails, unless you are planning on big power, stock is fine. Ideally you'd feed each rail individually, then "y" together and into a regulator then back to the tank.

I'm not too familiar with the Ls6 stock rails, if they are single inlet, then a simple proven setup is a Corvette filter/regulator back by the tank and a single line up to the rail. I run this in my 86 square body with a 5.3, used a Vortec truck pump in the tank.

I'm running a PSC round can Saginaw pump on mine with a remote res. Also put a 80s/early 90s V6 camaro/firebird pulley on it to spin it faster, run a 900 rpm idle to have hydro assist plus the boost brakes.

You going to keep A/C?

I used the ICT Billet 551747 to pull the power steering pump closer to the block. Mine was for the Saginaw pump. Accidentally ordered the Type 2 :homer::lmao:

It worked good to gain the needed clearance with my power steering pump.

I'm running a PSC round can Saginaw pump on mine with a remote res. Also put a 80s/early 90s V6 camaro/firebird pulley on it to spin it faster, run a 900 rpm idle to have hydro assist plus the boost brakes.

You going to keep A/C?
My motor had an under drive crank pulley on it, I still have it; the truck crank pulley totally dwarfs it and I didn’t want to mess with the charging system RPM so I opted for OEM sizing. I also want to be able to lug the motor (running an sm465). I won’t be keeping AC as the Jeep has zero HVAC to begin with… and without a dash cover I don’t want to look at all the plumbing.

Pretty sure the pumpkin of the HP44 passenger drop I’m building is going to occupy that spot where the compressor sits.

I’d love to check out your setup as you are only 50 mins from me and I am in your neck of the woods for work sometimes

I've been learning the lego world of LS's slowly as well. Assuming you came across the handy ICTBillet guide already ICT Billet LS Swap Guide for Gen III & Gen IV

I've seen a ton of chinese branded accessory bracket options out there. Thankfully I don't think I'm going to need to wade in that sea of confusion. but I am at the point of figuring out higher flow injectors for my 6.0

I'm using a standard 2004ish truck LS and reusing the old PSC Saginaw pump in the factory location. The bolts are longer in the aluminum adapter compared to the TBI 350.

Goatbuilt makes nice LS accessory brackets in a bunch of different offsets and component placement configurations. I've had nothing but good luck using their stuff for builds.
I was browsing some of their options last night. I didn’t realize there were so many options thanks to this thread. I think it was LSXINNOVATIONS that has the sliding alternator bracket/tensioner design. I liked that!

I've been learning the lego world of LS's slowly as well. Assuming you came across the handy ICTBillet guide already ICT Billet LS Swap Guide for Gen III & Gen IV

I've seen a ton of chinese branded accessory bracket options out there. Thankfully I don't think I'm going to need to wade in that sea of confusion. but I am at the point of figuring out higher flow injectors for my 6.0

How much more flow do you need?

How much more flow do you need?
not sure, but I did a bunch of reading this AM. every post I read says my cammed LQ9 (6.0) is going to need more the the stock 24.5lb injectors can do (they've got 175k miles so that may be even less in reality)

I'm leaning towards the Delphi flex fuel injectors 12613412 that do 42lbs at 43psi(3bar), 50lbs at 58psi(4bar). I see full sets for $80-200 depending on vendor and if you trust them saying they're Delphi and they aren't actually Dolphi

Other option I was looking at was the 8.1 injectors 17124531 that do 25.5lb at 43PSI and 31lb at 58PSI, but I also read that some guys running similar setups are getting into the 90's for duty cycle on those.

I would like to stay same height as the LQ9 injectors so I don't have to mess with fuel rail/spacing (though I think the taller ones would just need a washer in between rail and mount). LQ9 should be 47.4mm tall and so are the flex fuel so I just need to double check that before I order a set.

Also see ford green tops mentioned a bunch that flow 42lb, not sure if thats 3 or 4 bar. also 8.1 marine injectors are out there as an option that have a higher flow rate than the street ones, closer to the flex fuel I think.

OEM injectors have a stock fuel map that whoever tunes it should be able to pull in, so that seems like a good idea to stick with. not so worried about which connector I wind up with, since I'm going aftermarket harness and can just solder in some different pigtails or adapters if I need to

My motor had an under drive crank pulley on it, I still have it; the truck crank pulley totally dwarfs it and I didn’t want to mess with the charging system RPM so I opted for OEM sizing. I also want to be able to lug the motor (running an sm465). I won’t be keeping AC as the Jeep has zero HVAC to begin with… and without a dash cover I don’t want to look at all the plumbing.

Pretty sure the pumpkin of the HP44 passenger drop I’m building is going to occupy that spot where the compressor sits.

I’d love to check out your setup as you are only 50 mins from me and I am in your neck of the woods for work sometimes
You're in canuckistan?

Anytime send me a PM I'll give ya my # and address.

That is a cool swap guide they have. I wish they wouldn't have gone with the 1, 2, 3 part and stayed with Vette, F-Body and Truck for the spacing. If you're staying within ICT, it's great..........but as soon as you go somewhere else there is no 1, 2, 3.

I ended up with a mix of Goat Built and ICT Billet, F-Body spacing on my LS3.

Do I spend the money and get Holley fuel rails for the stock intake?

No, use the stock rails.

I have already invested in a Holley Terminator for the engine. It looks like their kit does not come with a cross over tube for the stock rails or am I mistaken? I believe the part number I need is 534-209 or is there another complete kit?
[*]There is also Summit Racing 227152 which says it kits the stock LS6 intake?

Fuck that. Use stock fuel rails.

Bracket kits... I haven't invested in anything because I am not 100% sure what I want... I would like to move the alternator to the passenger side and move the power steering up higher to make room for a JK steering box. I was looking at ICT Billet but I am thinking I would rather run a tensioner versus a cam turnbuckle adjuster that they offer?

Goatbuilt :

Currently I am running a truck crank pulley. I am not opposed to swapping it since I don't have a bracket kit ordered for this engine. It does have a truck water pump installed (used) from my other donor engine (incase this rebuild blows up) and if I swap the crank pulley I could use a ICT kit that has a tensioner

Stay with your truck pulley and water pump. Bracket above works with those.

If I am going through all of the trouble of swapping swapping to a shorter crank pulley... I am assuming using the Camaro style power steering pump doesn't work worth a crap in a wheeler. I'm not running full hydro. I am not opposed to hydro assist. Can a newer express van power steering pump work with any combination of bracket kits? This is my biggest area of confusion... the power steering pump info is so scattered... there was a thread here even and I can't find it now...

Keep the GM truck pump. It works great for any non full hydro setup. It also makes your life easy because the pump has an integrated reservoir. Less shit to package in the engine bay.

If you want to mount it higher, use :

In order to make a custom hp line, use fitting SF23 from PSC and get your local hydraulic shop make you a JIC 3/8 hose.

I’m no expert but what I have found is that LS has two power steering pumps. Saginaw and Type 2 pumps. From my understanding the Trucks have the Saginaw and cars have the type 2.
After 2013 the trucks got the type 2 also.

not sure, but I did a bunch of reading this AM. every post I read says my cammed LQ9 (6.0) is going to need more the the stock 24.5lb injectors can do (they've got 175k miles so that may be even less in reality)

I'm leaning towards the Delphi flex fuel injectors 12613412 that do 42lbs at 43psi(3bar), 50lbs at 58psi(4bar). I see full sets for $80-200 depending on vendor and if you trust them saying they're Delphi and they aren't actually Dolphi

Other option I was looking at was the 8.1 injectors 17124531 that do 25.5lb at 43PSI and 31lb at 58PSI, but I also read that some guys running similar setups are getting into the 90's for duty cycle on those.

I would like to stay same height as the LQ9 injectors so I don't have to mess with fuel rail/spacing (though I think the taller ones would just need a washer in between rail and mount). LQ9 should be 47.4mm tall and so are the flex fuel so I just need to double check that before I order a set.

Also see ford green tops mentioned a bunch that flow 42lb, not sure if thats 3 or 4 bar. also 8.1 marine injectors are out there as an option that have a higher flow rate than the street ones, closer to the flex fuel I think.

OEM injectors have a stock fuel map that whoever tunes it should be able to pull in, so that seems like a good idea to stick with. not so worried about which connector I wind up with, since I'm going aftermarket harness and can just solder in some different pigtails or adapters if I need to

Get the 8.1 Marine injectors. They'll be more than enough for you and plug right in.

Get the 8.1 Marine injectors. They'll be more than enough for you and plug right in.
thanks, I'll looks those up in more detail.

I still have to buy a harness, so I'm not OVERLY concerned with which type injector I get as long as its the right height. I think most of the cheap harnesses have the later style (not my) injector plug anyway, so either marine or flex fuel are probably the play then I'll adapt/solder accordingly

Top Back Refresh