LOOK WHAT'S BACK ON THE SHELF:

CDA 455 II

ANFAQUE2
Member Number
Loc
No Country For Old Men
:smokin:
1000001838.jpg

It's been, what, 2+ years since they've had their problems?

I didnt know they had problems?
Pretty much non existant for the last few years. Retardvid and a legal trouble meant about a year running on existing stock and 2 years of crying about it.

Total girl friend scored me a couple bottles late last year and ive been gingerly doling out to make it last.

Ol' docipoo found some and was crying about the color either forgeting that time darkens them and the legal trouble had to do with the pepper suppliers

Huh, didnt know. I dont use much of it.

I swear I saw a bunch of that stuff a few months back

I just scored a bottle of the real stuff the other day! I had resorted some knock off Heinz shit that’s no good. Although it’s not correct, the Trader Joe’s one isn’t bad tasting on its own.

I'm such a fanboi I didn't bother trying other brands during their business problems/stopped production.

Because Huy Fong's favor is unique enough I think it would be very difficult to replicate.

Woohoo! Will immediately look for some.

I agree that the other's do not match. Not bad on their own accord but they just don't meet expectations as has been said.

Gonna have to make sure at least one bottle is in the bomb shelter :laughing:

It’s been on the shelf for at least a month, probably more because I only go to the grocery store occasionally. You guys are on the ball today. :flipoff2:

I'm such a fanboi I didn't bother trying other brands during their business problems/stopped production.

Because Huy Fong's favor is unique enough I think it would be very difficult to replicate.
They have different different peppers now. For about the last three years it’s been a different flavor.

It’s been on the shelf for at least a month, probably more because I only go to the grocery store occasionally. You guys are on the ball today. :flipoff2:

They have different different peppers now. For about the last three years it’s been a different flavor.
The only good thing coming out of California. The right coast people are always the last ones to get the good stuff :flipoff2:

Been using it for the last 12-13 years! Good stuff ! Someone said the Tabasco one is good but the original is the best “hot sauce” on the largest variety of foods imho .

Tabasco and any hot sauce that are vinegar heavy our garbage. Taste like shit. Or so I have heard.

For serious, Tabasco is my least favorite hot sauce. I cannot stand the vinegar.
100 percent agree . However , Tabasco is great on eggs otherwise I can’t stand it . That is truly what I heard about the Tabasco Sriracha however .

Tabasco is white people sauce. May as we’ll be ketchup.
I was introduced to Tabasco sauce during a campout/wheelin trip in the late '70s.

We were eating refried beans out of a can and I mentioned it was bland.
Someone handed me a small Tabasco bottle and said, "try this".
It worked; made canned refried beans taste better.:grinpimp:

They do (did?) put mini bottles of Tabasco sauce in MRE's. Any kind of hotness can make something more palatable; especially an MRE.

Y'all do understand why hot sauces were invented right? It was to take the sting out of the horse meat (or whatever) that had already starting to turn. It was also used as a preservation method (like salt) to head off said spoil.

The hot sauce conversation probably has a thread somewhere here already =)

Y'all do understand why hot sauces were invented right? It was to take the sting out of the horse meat (or whatever) that had already starting to turn. It was also used as a preservation method (like salt) to head off said spoil.

The hot sauce conversation probably has a thread somewhere here already =)
I've heard the story of how BBQ sauce came to be.

Apparently the blacks came up with what we now know as BBQ sauce in order to deal with the crap cuts of meat they got.

Top Back Refresh