What's new

Little ween/Big truck Budget coil conversion Ex on 4Ds

Seabass

Member Number
I bought this excursion years ago long before I moved up to Alaska as a tent on wheels. It's a well used high milage v10. I've been eye balling geek 4x4's bobbed excursion thinking it'd be a relatively affordable way to turn this poor old beater into a trail rig to run out to the glacier and camp with. I found an 06 f350 dually with 4.10s for a screaming deal that will be giving up it's parts for the swap. Here's where I need your guy's input. All my real tools are 5k miles away down in socal. This'll be battery powered cut off wheels, hand tools, pep boys jacks stands in the driveway in front of a heater kinda build. I have to harvest everything off the truck as fast as possible to get rid of the frame before the snow flies. The guy I'm buying it from offered to let me do it where it's at and a coworker will let me borrow his oxy rig to cut up frame if I need to drag bits into my single car garage to un rivet brackets.
From what I understand I have a fantastic donor rig year for steering box and linkage bits. My google mission to figure out if the dually axles will work led me to believe the widths are the same as a SRW and all I gotta do is knock off the front adapters and buy new wheels/ tires.

What kind of rear spring combo can I hope to make from the factory 02 ex and 06 f350 dually pack that stands a chance of flexing and being streetable?
I'm toying with buying Carli commuter springs and shocks for the front. Are there any other name springs I should consider? Looking for low lift cushy progressive ride. The V10 low lift thing is gonna fuck me on selection.

Barely have the parts in my possession. Is there anything you guys can think of before I make a 4 ton driveway ornament?

Attachments

• 20221220_165925.jpg
    20221220_165925.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20221220_171909.jpg
    20221220_171909.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20231019_140050_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231019_140050_Facebook.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 40s.jpg
    40s.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 9
The carli stuff (at least for these) are made to order, so you could have them make up a spring to whatever specs and flex that you want :smokin:

Top Back Refresh