What's new

Hydroboost Hardline Conspiracy

TrailTamer

🤣🖕🏻
Member Number
Loc
Down By The River
Hi y’all.

I’m going over my aging tow pig, and the leaking hydroboost is one of them.

I’m able to source everything I need except…. These short PS hard lines at the hydroboost and the brake valve.

My truck is 1997 Ram 2500. In my searching people can’t find them for their 3rd gen too, FWIW.

I cannot find replacement hard lines as mine are fairly rusted and will like to put new ones on. At best I can find them used off eBay but I ain’t paying like $250 for them.

Anyone happen to know a source to buy them new or alternative vehicle application to look up hoses as they go all way between PS pump, hydroboost and the steering gear box?

Bonus will be to find new oe replacement brake proportioning valve. I can’t find them new too.

The two hard lines as shown in the picture.
IMG_3333.jpeg

This?

AKnate that kit replace everything but the 2 hard lines at hydroboost.

What I want are like this.

1714337632318.png
There's a whole unit on ebay, tubes and booster for $200.

Dunno if that's reasonable? Could make some with hydraulic tubing, or i suppose hose even.

Why replace those?

I do AN / Hydraulic hoses all the way back.

Can piece them together cheaper:

I can also make those, with a Mastercool flaring kit...

From memory :eek: there was a company in so cal doing stainless steel brake hard lines, but planned obsolescence is a killer...

The reason you can't find those lines pre-made is because 99% of people replacing those lines are perfectly capable of piecing something suitable together using $15 of adapter fittings, $5 of tubing and the flaring tool they already own.

Make them. Clean up and reuse the fitting and pretty sure any hydraulic shop can flare the ends for short cash if you don't have the tooling.

I don’t want to turn something into a bigger project. Bolt in and be done.

Why replace those?
Rust.
I do AN / Hydraulic hoses all the way back.

Can piece them together cheaper:

I’ll consider this if I can’t find a good way to keep things OE replacement-able for rest of the system.
I can also make those, with a Mastercool flaring kit...
This tool “flare” (not sure what’s the correct terminology) the tube for metric o-ring?

IMG_3341.jpeg
IMG_3342.png

Alternatively - Ones for 1997 Chevy diesel looks like they’ll have a chance to bolt in without dodge’s stupid hardlines?

1714398822776.png

Top Back Refresh