What's new

Honky Bronco build

Honky Lips

Welcome to the shit show.
Member Number
Loc
Omaha, Ne “ish”
Wanted to get a fun Daily so I can leave the tow rig parked. 2023 bronco Badlands fit the bill with a removable top and doors, front and rear lockers cutting brake 360° cameras and all that jazzy shit from the factory.

Boy, do they look like a flame soccer mom rig stock. so far, we’ve got Fox coil over swap, which gave it about 3 to 4 inches of lift. Adjustable rear track bar. -12 Method wheels with 37,12.517 Mickey Thompson Baja boss MTS. Four-wheel parts, fender flare delete. Rough country tailgate reinforcement.

IMG_9625.jpeg
IMG_9716.jpeg
IMG_9712.jpeg
IMG_9710.jpeg
IMG_9711.jpeg
IMG_9681.jpeg

Nice ride, I noticed your shock hose is rubbing the inner fender well. Any thoughts about protecting that hose a lil so it doesn’t chafe?

Nice ride, I noticed your shock hose is rubbing the inner fender well. Any thoughts about protecting that hose a lil so it doesn’t chafe?
I’m gonna keep an eye on the rear, but the front is a cloth fender well, so I’m not worried about it at all. the rear if I need to I’ll put some rubber weatherstripping on the edge because fenderwells will slice through wire harnesses and I imagine a reservoir hose as well

I’m gonna keep an eye on the rear, but the front is a cloth fender well, so I’m not worried about it at all. the rear if I need to I’ll put some rubber weatherstripping on the edge because fenderwells will slice through wire harnesses and I imagine a reservoir hose as well
Ah! I wasn’t aware they were fabric.

My “fabric” front liners on my F250 still chaffed the res hose on my shocks.

I love it. I've been looking for a fun daily also. I'm leaning towards that Ranger Raptor or a 2dr Bronco

The ranger raptors look pretty damn sweet on paper. Owning a new bronco I can say that it drives really nice and does good offroad but isnt necessarily "fun" on the road like I imagine a 400hp ranger would be.

A little spiral plastic wrap for cables will go a long way on those reservoir hoses for chafing
I went ghetto and zip tied a split piece of heater hose to the res hose :homer:

Spiral plastic wrap would probably look and function better

The ranger raptors look pretty damn sweet on paper. Owning a new bronco I can say that it drives really nice and does good offroad but isnt necessarily "fun" on the road like I imagine a 400hp ranger would be.
It does look sweet on paper, especially for the price point compared to a similarly equipped wrangler Rubicon, Bronco with sasquatch package or even Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. I got to check out one in person at KOH although it was locked. I cant wait till they have them on lots and I can actually drive one.

anyway, sorry for the derail.

I went ghetto and zip tied a split piece of heater hose to the res hose :homer:

Spiral plastic wrap would probably look and function better

Hard plastic spiral wrap is amazing for cases like this. I got a bunch from my local hydro/pneumatic shop for my tractor grapple lines and it's been solid for a few years.

It's funny... As I get older I become more old-man in my choices.

I dig the flare delete for wheeling and not ripping them off. But my first thought was "damn, the sides of the truck are going to get SO DIRTY". Rock dings too.

It's good to see these rigs getting used though. I imagine that in ten years, they will be one of the go-to used wheeling rigs on the market.

He hates four dicks at once. Three is his limit. :flipoff2:
a man has to know his limits lol.

so my buddy is the one that posted the pic. those posts have spiraled out of control with people hahahaha. The best part is people going "I thought It said I hate fords at first, but now I get it" lol. and for the record, I have a bunch of Ford fanboys that are Good friends and I have always been a GM guy. they gave me a rash of shit for buying a Ford so I had to show some resistance.

How are these broncos doing longer term out on the road/trails so far?

My wife is looking at a Badlands for her to daily. Which isn’t true daily driving she works at home 3/5 days a week, and we live 5 miles up a dirt road that’s covered in ice and snow half the year and mud during the fall and spring.

We live 30 minutes from the small town and commuter there a few times a week. Going. 65-75mph whole way there and back. Would be the bulk of its street driving.

Just starting my research on them

How are these broncos doing longer term out on the road/trails so far?

My wife is looking at a Badlands for her to daily. Which isn’t true daily driving she works at home 3/5 days a week, and we live 5 miles up a dirt road that’s covered in ice and snow half the year and mud during the fall and spring.

We live 30 minutes from the small town and commuter there a few times a week. Going. 65-75mph whole way there and back. Would be the bulk of its street driving.

Just starting my research on them

I know that stock steering is weak if you actually drive the truck offroad, but Ford released an upgrade heavier duty steering kit that seems to sell for $1k.

Then there are the usual Ecoboost issues with some engines in earlier trucks having intake valves that broke due to material failure. And then Ford Cam Phasers being shitty in general. And some other issues I can't recall.

General build/assembly issues, infotainment issues, and the typical component quality issues. It's a $30k truck that can be optioned to $60k for a decent build spec, or even $90k for the BRaptor, but is still built like a $30k truck. The mechanical features are the selling point... gearing, lockers, suspension, etc.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh