What's new

Good, cheap, easy meals

Being a gook; I always have rice in the house, 25lbs at a time.

I go to the canned soup and chili aisle and pick a dozen different cans.

Cook rice.
Pick a can from the pantry.
Open picked can/dump said can into cooked rice.
Profit.
Usually makes enough for 2 meals too

As soon as Am.azon gets more of these I'll order it.

I'll W.A.G. it will actually be hot and not 'scary-hot'; judging by how it described its Habanero salsa.
That stuff is going to be all :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: on your scale. IMO it will also be all :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:for flavor. I love the stuff. Take you a big ol tortillas chip dip of it when you get it and report back.

Chipotle Bowls:

Rice; 1 lb ground beef seasoned with a taco pack or your own blend; dress with canned black beans, canned corn, sliced jalapeno, salsa, cheese, whatevs.

Feeds three of us, with seconds, and some leftovers for ~$10 or less

Last edited:
I like pasta...my favorite is tortellini. We got an Aldi a few years ago and they've got good prices and some decent stuff.

I get a couple packs of fresh tortellini, chicken broth, marinated artichoke hearts, pesto sauce, some frozen spinach and italian sausage. If I buy enough for just one night I get outta there for about $20. Either boil the tortellini in chicken broth and skip the pesto or boil in water, drain, and add the pesto. I dump the brick of spinach in the pot when I turn the heat on...go outside and grill up a couple sausages and slice them up...done about the time the pot is boiling, dump in tortellini and wait 6 minutes or so....dump all the other shit in it and it's good. So good that me and the kid eat about 3 bowls each and there ain't none left for lunch tomorrow.

I tired this dry rub for drum sticks and do them quite regular now:

Usually throw foil pouch potatoes on the grill with 'em:

I always tell people this because I’m shocked how many don’t do it . Pull the skin on the chicken legs all the way down but don’t pull it off. Season the chicken and pull it back up and season lightly on the skin . Completely changes your chicken leg game . Simple but sure is effective .

I like pasta...my favorite is tortellini.

pasta is great, toretellini (had it last night for dinner) is even better for the cheap and easy but the macros dont line up for what i am after unfortunately.

Ok; had my first experience with this sauce, the company list it as 'hot'.
The spiciness; IMHO, is more like medium spicy.
I really like the flavor, though.

Out of :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::

1) Flavor/taste: :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
2) Spicy:.......... :flipoff2::flipoff2:
3) Buy again:...:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

BTW; my jar cost $8.00:eek:
That stuff is going to be all :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: on your scale. IMO it will also be all :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:for flavor. I love the stuff. Take you a big ol tortillas chip dip of it when you get it and report back.
Finally picked up a jar:
20230903_103903.jpg

Out of :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: __:
1) Flavor/taste: :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
2) Spicy:.......... :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
3) Buy again:....:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Regarding spiciness:
I would consider this as hot; not scary-hot, as the company describes it.

I really like its' flavor.:smokin:

Thanks again for suggesting it.:beer:

They need to invent something like dog food for people.

Cheap, quick to eat and nutritious. Or better yet, pills.

Having to buy food, cook it and then eat it uses up so much time I'd rather spend on almost anything else.

Having to buy food, cook it and then eat it uses up so much time I'd rather spend on almost anything else.
foodkitMPFlg.jpg

or just drink ensure.

Why? Is it really that big of a deal to feed yourself?

Not only do i prepare my own food I’ll go kill it clean it and process it. If I lived where you live, carnivore would be the shit!

Edit. Just say no to Soilent Green

Why? Is it really that big of a deal to feed yourself?

Not only do i prepare my own food I’ll go kill it clean it and process it. If I lived where you live, carnivore would be the shit!

Edit. Just say no to Soilent Green
It's a pain in the ass when I have much better shit to do.

milk with a good whey protein in it will do what you want. mix in some raw veggies and fruit, should check all your macro boxes.

other option is meal prep. spend a few hours once a week making food for the week. pull out of the freezer the night before, toss in the microwave later in the day.

Make good food and eating will damn near be the highlight of your day.

Make good food and eating will damn near be the highlight of your day.
They have good food at the chow hall. Most days I just grab a sandwich. Quicker and really give zero fucks what the food is, as long as it's edible and makes me not hungry.

I guess on the plus side food is very low on my budget, so more money for cool stuff.

Last edited:
milk with a good whey protein in it will do what you want. mix in some raw veggies and fruit, should check all your macro boxes.

other option is meal prep. spend a few hours once a week making food for the week. pull out of the freezer the night before, toss in the microwave later in the day.
Milk gives me massive shits. Plus it tastes disgusting. Most of those "dietary" drinks are milk of some sorts. Soy is even even worse. Not sure on whey.

I do sometimes when I make something. Like 3 gallons of spagetti or a dozen cans of tuna salad.

Drain the grease, you lazy fuck:flipoff2:

Crank up the heat then. :flipoff2:
I do, and buy the 93% efficient version but still goes through me like water through a screen door.

Bought some 85% on sale once, ended throwing it out. Fucking disgusting.

I do sometimes when I make something. Like 3 gallons of spagetti or a dozen cans of tuna salad.

I used to make big batches like that.

Now days, I'll make enough for 2 or 3 days at the most.

AKnate dude it sounds like you got some gut issues you might want to look into. for as much as you go, you need the calories that arent liquid and as much protein as you can get.

AKnate dude it sounds like you got some gut issues you might want to look into. for as much as you go, you need the calories that arent liquid and as much protein as you can get.
Would thing I'd be skinny but I'm not, never have been. Last weigh in a few days ago was 218, 70.5" so maybe 210ish without clothes and boots.

Get a souis vide it will save you a few hundred dollars in the first year. You can prep a months worth of food in an hour and not have to do shit besides take bag from freezer put in bucket hit play. Fuck off for 4-48 hours come back pull bag out of bucket dump on plate and eat. I made 15lb pork butt the other day and my total prep time was 5 minutes.

It’s literally 5 minutes a day and meals that actually taste good will cost you 1-3 dollars. Then maybe you won’t be such a grinch all the time.

FIFY

Spam
And a bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Top Back Refresh