What's new

Frosty Fortune: Win a Freezer Raffle

Question: if you're doing a random number generator based on posts here, how does the number of entries purchased come into play?

Austin This seems like a really good question - any response? What benefit was there for people that spent $35 instead of just $5?

Only thing I can think of is you have to post in here the number of times of entries you bought.. might have to try it on the next one...

Question: if you're doing a random number generator based on posts here, how does the number of entries purchased come into play?

Austin This seems like a really good question - any response? What benefit was there for people that spent $35 instead of just $5?
Ahhh shit .... you're correct. I fucked up. :shaking: Normal giveaways are drawn in this manner.

We'll redo this drawing and I'm not going take anything from the first winners. :beer:

Only thing I can think of is you have to post in here the number of times of entries you bought.. might have to try it on the next one...

From the 'how to enter page:'
  • Upgrade to Bronze, Silver & Gold = 1,000 entries
1,000 posts per person that upgraded seems like an awful lot of posting...

Ahhh shit .... you're correct. I fucked up. :shaking: Normal giveaways are drawn in this manner.

We'll redo this drawing and I'm not going take anything from the first winners. :beer:

Nice!

For the record, I'd prefer it just be one post/one entry from a simplicity standpoint, personally. But it seemed like going basic with 5 wasn't very good odds when a bunch of others had 1,000. I wonder if it was simpler if more people would bite, and even out with more participants. The way it's all worded now I feel I'm entering some kind of sweepstakes program with a bunch of rules I'd rather not try to figure out

For the record, I'd prefer it just be one post/one entry from a simplicity standpoint, personally. But it seemed like going basic with 5 wasn't very good odds when a bunch of others had 1,000. I wonder if it was simpler if more people would bite, and even out with more participants. The way it's all worded now I feel I'm entering some kind of sweepstakes program with a bunch of rules I'd rather not try to figure out

Any physical raffle, you have people buying multiple tickets - and it benefits Austin to sell more tickets, but I have to agree that it gets confusing.

Further, my gut tells me that Person A having 1-1000, Person B having 1001-2000, etc isn't quite as random as mixing a bunch of tickets up in a bowl and pulling one... Of course, buying a chunk of physical tickets and throwing them in a bowl is likely to have "clumps" from that chunk...

And these are the rabbit holes my brain goes down as I over think everything... :laughing:

I'm open to doing it however. I think the way it was supposed to be done is good and it work for me. I just got the method mixed up.

Also, I had 1 on hold and I already shipped it to HossCat, the supplier is out of stock now, worst case we drop ship from ARB but just need waiting hear.

Winner of the ARB Fridge is post #38 by HossCat !!

Posts #35 by 90supra & #33 by Gravy win our new hats and mouse pads!!

Thanks for everybody that participated, winners need to PM me their mailing address!!

These coolers seem to be pretty popular, or should we do something else next?
Congrats you three, you got stuff because I screwed up. :homer:

When done properly, these are winers:
The Official ARB fridge winner is: Entry #2422 = Chadwick
Entries 12221 reptillikus & 7070 HossCat win an IBB hat and mousepad.

I need Chadwick and reptillikus to PM me your mailing addresses.

Here is the video of the drawing:

Again apologies for the mixup and delay in the redraw.

HossCat ….:flipoff2: you're a lucky SOB :beer:

Top Back Refresh