What's new

Cow Tongue soup

ridenby

Member Number
Loc
Kentucky
Cooked a tongue that came with freezer beef I got.
Put tongue in pot of water, brought it to a boil then turned it down to simmer.
After an hour added a couple of onions, some celery, bay leaves, whole black pepper, carrots.,little salt.
Let it simmer for 5 more hours.
Put tongue in ice water for a bit and peeled skin off of it.
Cut tongue into small chunks, put it back in and had a bowl of soup. Pretty good .

I’ve eaten them before when they were cheap, same with heart. Now that the stuff is $7/lb it’s not worth fooling with. I will eat deer hearts that aren’t obliterated 100% of the time.

Dog food.

If it was go without or cow tongue... meh, I've got 30lbs I could stand to lose.

tongue is expensive af now. Father loves it and it's so easy for stomach to digest I also love it.

We serve it with horseradish sauce. Father cooks the tongue then used the broth for split pea soup or beans.
My grandparents would take it when we'd butcher a cow. As well as all the other weird shit like tail, lungs, liver, brain. Hell they'd probably washed the turds and had those for supper too.

Dog food.

If it was go without or cow tongue... meh, I've got 30lbs I could stand to lose.
Honest question:

Why do you even read the cooking sub let alone post in it? You’ve said many times you don’t even like food. Like, I don’t peruse the EV subforum and then talk shit on everything EV. I just don’t get it.

Honest question:

Why do you even read the cooking sub let alone post in it? You’ve said many times you don’t even like food. Like, I don’t peruse the EV subforum and then talk shit on everything EV. I just don’t get it.
When everything outside is frozen for 17 months out of the year what else are you supposed to do?:flipoff2:

Honest question:

That post was7 months ago dude.

Top Back Refresh