What's new

best way for a water tight roof pass thru

Member Number
Loc
socal
i want to put a solar cell on the top of my tahoe. biggest issue is getting the wiring through the roof. anyone have any tricks/plugs for water tight long lasting pass thru?

We used bulkhead fittings on wind turbines for cable penetrations. Pic Is one I found on the internet. I have one I'm going to use on the 4runner, I will probably put a little RTV on it just because. Water can still get inside your loom and travel through it if you aren't putting a waterproof cable through it.
IMG_7699_1024x1024.jpeg.jpg

Duplex/triple wire for the win, easier to waterproof a bundled pack than individual wires pressed together.

I'm planning on using a regular grommet then some self-leveling silicone rv sealant on my rig.

Cable gland is what i use. Also I'll put a short section of extension cord or other round jacketed wire to keep it rounder to prevent leaks

Cable gland is what i use. Also I'll put a short section of extension cord or other round jacketed wire to keep it rounder to prevent leaks

not stoked on any of the options ive seen, i will probably buy a 3d printer and make a low profile version of this

1666637231920.png

Top Back Refresh