What's new

Audio peeps recommend me a car amp

Will12785

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Syracuse, NY
Doing a little upgrade to the mrs. 2012 CR V.

Going to run a Sony XAV-AX5500 stereo with Focal ISU 165's up front and RCX 165's in the rear doors. I have no clue what a good amp would be. I'm open to suggestions on different speakers too.

Best there ever was.

s-l1600.jpg

Have you not seen Project Twin's threads?
Yes I've read his builds. He's always running subs and uses a lot of things I don't need.

I'm really just looking for recommendations on a 75w 4 channel. Pretty basic stuff.

There’s a huge range of amps that are good. Stay away from bargain basement and there’s a 99.8% chance you’ll be happy. Especially as you’re not chasing huge numbers.

Alpine or JL.

I'm rocking a 20 year old JL 500/1. Buy once and all (it's in it's 3rd truck).

I've got a basic kenwood 5 channel in my crew cab super duty. Ran RCA cables to the amount, then wire back to the factory harness for the speakers. 50? watts per channel plus 500? For the sub. I forget what speakers but they are decent coaxial speakers.

Other than the sub being a little underwhelming it works pretty well. I think the sub is the problem with that though.

pick one:

Looks like those speakers would like to run 80-100 watts per, so a 4 channel in that range should be good. Any of the brands above are usually good quality.

Yes I've read his builds. He's always running subs and uses a lot of things I don't need.

I'm really just looking for recommendations on a 75w 4 channel. Pretty basic stuff.
You know he uses amps for those subs, right? And amps for the rest of the systems right?

or

Alpine
Pioneer
JL
Fosgate
Kenwood
etc.

Got that radio in my motorcycle, unless it’s in Apple CarPlay it’s pretty much unusable from a user friendly standpoint.

Stay away from class D amps. They may be efficient but they do not sound that great. Class AB all day.

I have been getting vintage amps off Egay with good results. I don't need all the fancy BS that most new amps come with. Current favorite is the old Nakamichi amps. I now have 4 of them. Also have an Alphasonik 4075. Those things just sound right to me. But being as I can't hear anything above 7khz, it makes other people uncomfortable :lmao:

Top Back Refresh