What's new

58 Apache 1 ton tow rig??

We've been working through the little things for a bit...ran all the brake lines, fuel lines, cabling, and started wiring. We had to fit a few pieces after cab on chassis...those parts are painted and on. Getting closer but I'm going slow...trying not scratch shit up!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3318.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	419.0 KB ID:	341470 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3318.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	419.0 KB ID:	341470 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3318.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	419.0 KB ID:	341470 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3308.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	497.4 KB ID:	341473 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3313.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	461.4 KB ID:	341474

Front end (winch/bumper/lights) are on for good and wired back into chassis. 11 years between the before and after...

IMG_3314.jpeg
IMG_3320.jpeg

Working through lots of little things, but making progress. Cables and linkages for the PTO controls are done, door seals, inner door panels, and exterior mirrors are on. We collaborated with Mike's Billet Mirrors out of TX to get these custom mirrors made...took a couple months due to Covid and weather, but we're really digging them!

IMG_3351.jpeg
IMG_3353.jpeg
IMG_3354.jpeg
IMG_3355.jpeg
IMG_3357.jpeg

I feel bad asking for an update so quickly. But your progress has really sped up. SOO??? Doing burnouts, or what?

I feel bad asking for an update so quickly. But your progress has really sped up. SOO??? Doing burnouts, or what?
I’m sure he still has another 3 years left of buffing chrome and polishing all the billet crap. Don’t forget the final buff on the paint also.

Thanks for the update. My wife and I were just talking about this build the other day when we drove by a nice restored Apache.

Thanks for the update. My wife and I were just talking about this build the other day when we drove by a nice restored Apache.
Thanks for checking in!
So close..
So fucking bad ass. :smokin:
Yea, close for a little while now...and thanks!
Thanks!

Working with our interior guy...knocking out parts and pieces over the weekends for a bit. Got the lower door panels done...same tweed/pattern as on the seat.

IMG_4464.jpeg
IMG_4462.jpeg
IMG_4468.jpeg

Fantastic build - work of art! I have a '59 Viking 2 ton. It's great to see these trucks get so much attention to detail.

Fantastic build - work of art! I have a '59 Viking 2 ton. It's great to see these trucks get so much attention to detail.
Thanks! You're making great progress on your bus...sweet build.

We finished up the interior work this weekend...just needed kick panels, column cover at the floor, and some detail work under the dash. We're starting back on the wiring, trying to hide as much as possible...my least favorite crap to fool with.

IMG_4595.jpeg

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

IMG_4581.jpeg
IMG_4578.jpeg

I've been holding off putting stock interior door handles on...just didn't do much for me. My son and I were playing around with ideas and designed these, we asked Mike's Billet Mirrors out of San Marcos, Texas (same guy that did our mirrors) to build these for us.

IMG_4864.jpeg

IMG_4861.jpeg

Nice. Now have him do door handles and I'll buy a set too!

Top Back Refresh