What's new

2bbs 2021 bronco build

Didn't they already attempt that with the FJ cruiser?

a rear locker, manual shift 4wd and room for bigger tires were pretty competitive 15 years ago. Not today, with vehicles like the new bronco coming out.

I think I'm going to wait a few years until all the people that listen to their Dad's to fall behind on their Bronco payments, and see about getting one for "cheap". :D

Can’t go wrong there. :flipoff2:

Badlands package comes with front and rear lockers, large differentials, electric disconnect sway bars, and the 3-1 transfer case is a $10k upgrade. Figure decent 37s on beadlocks are 3-4k and whatever ford wants to charge for thier 2" lift.

Base model doesn't get that transfer case? There goes my plan to just get the cheapest and slap sasquatch on it.

Reactions: DMG
First off does anyone know where I can go to put my eyes on one of the few that are running around? Maybe some show or something? I want to look at the frames, weird sensors, steering linkage, ect.

Looks like they are going to have some new Broncos on display at Bronco Super Celebration West in Buena Vista Colorado September 9-12th: Bronco6G Post Event Page

Base model doesn't get that transfer case? There goes my plan to just get the cheapest and slap sasquatch on it.

The standard transfer case is a 2.72:1 standard part time unit. There is an optional transfer case with an all-wheel drive/4x4 auto mode like the Raptor with a slightly lower low range at ~3:1 that is available separately from the "Sasquatch" package.

Also, since others seemed confused, the 7 speed manual is only available with the 2.3L I4, not the 2.7L V6. The manual is also not available with the "Sasquatch" package, but it is available on the "Badlands" trim which comes standard with everything from the "Sasquatch" package (lockers, 4.7 axle gears, etc.) except the 35" tires and "beadlock capable" wheels. The badlands however has a hydraulically-actuated disconnecting front sway bar which is not part of the "Sasquach" package and comes with 33" tires providing more factory articulation than "sasquatch"-equipped Broncos. Additionally, Ford limits suspension travel on "Sasquatch" models to prevent the factory 35" tires from rubbing, but according to footage from one of the Rubicon run videos, they still rub. Clear as mud? :laughing:

Last edited:
The standard transfer case is a 2.72:1 standard part time unit. There is an optional transfer case with an all-wheel drive/4x4 auto mode like the Raptor with a slightly lower low range at ~3:1 that is available separately from the "Sasquatch" package.

Also, since others seemed confused, the 7 speed manual is only available with the 2.3L I4, not the 2.7L V6. The manual is also not available with the "Sasquatch" package, but it is available on the "Badlands" trim which comes standard with everything from the "Sasquatch" package (lockers, 4.7 axle gears, etc.) except the 35" tires and "beadlock capable" wheels. The badlands however has a hydraulically-actuated disconnecting front sway bar which is not part of the "Sasquach" package and comes with 33" tires providing more factory articulation than "sasquatch"-equipped Broncos. Additionally, Ford limits suspension travel on "Sasquatch" models to prevent the factory 35" tires from rubbing, but according to footage from one of the Rubicon run videos, they still rub. Clear as mud? :laughing:

That was a great recap! I appreciate it. So badlands trim with a lift and 37s (or even just 35s) is the call.

If you want a bronco to do bronco things, buy a bronco. If you want tons, atlas, 40s, etc it doesn’t matter what you start with.

Except it does. You can put all the most badass parts under a Pontiac Aztec, but you'd still have to climb into the driver seat of a Pontiac Aztec :homer:​​​​​​

Not to mention, he'll be keeping the engine and trans.

Badlands package comes with front and rear lockers, large differentials, electric disconnect sway bars, and the 3-1 transfer case is a $10k upgrade. Figure decent 37s on beadlocks are 3-4k and whatever ford wants to charge for thier 2" lift.

Jeez, I didn't realize it was $10k.

I remember liking the lowest trim with rubber floors, but I already forgot all the names :laughing:

Except it does. You can put all the most badass parts under a Pontiac Aztec, but you'd still have to climb into the driver seat of a Pontiac Aztec :homer:​​​​​​

Not to mention, he'll be keeping the engine and trans.

No one mentioned the Aztec, my point is that if you are going to replace everything anyways, why start with a $50k suv?

No one mentioned the Aztec, my point is that if you are going to replace everything anyways, why start with a $50k suv?

Axles and suspension are far from everything imo.

A used JK might fit the bill and be cheaper, but then you probably will end up looking at engine swaps, and if you want it to smog, you probably won't be that far off doing what this thread is about.

As far as normal suv's go, I'm not a fan. I had a 90 4runner from stock to to tons and 42s. It's just too much body and glass to really wheel to its capability. I like the ability to ditch the top, and doors for trail rides. Or at least soft top and half doors. Not to mention if you do wind up on your side, you're usually just replacing a windshield and maybe a fender. With a 4runner, more than likely you're replacing the whole body or it ends up chopped and buggied.

Option 3. Buy an already built rig, take the money/time you save for tacos and margaritas.

Seems like SAS on a IFS rig just doesn't really work right without alot of work. I know it's done on Toyotas and they deal with the problems. Haven't looked at a bronco, but with IFS, the front frame rails are more straight not curved up allowing uptravel or lower ride height.

I vote ton's and 4Ds.

I only skimmed the thread, but where are you planning to use it? If you want to bring your family to Rubicon/Fordyce/Hammers, then I think it'll be easier for everyone if your're on big tires and strong axles. Then again, you never come rock crawling when I invite you :flipoff2:

Knowing you, if you're just taking your family down dirt roads, you'll take your wife's Escape or whatever she has now.

I think the best compromise between easy and good would be: https://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Unive...m-joints/19919

05+ SD front is 72" WMS-WMS, so you're at ~84-86" track width, you'd be 10" wider per side.

I vote ton's and 4Ds.

I only skimmed the thread, but where are you planning to use it? If you want to bring your family to Rubicon/Fordyce/Hammers, then I think it'll be easier for everyone if your're on big tires and strong axles. Then again, you never come rock crawling when I invite you :flipoff2:

Knowing you, if you're just taking your family down dirt roads, you'll take your wife's Escape or whatever she has now.

I think the best compromise between easy and good would be: https://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Unive...m-joints/19919

05+ SD front is 72" WMS-WMS, so you're at ~84-86" track width, you'd be 10" wider per side.

Jeffh555 555 Do you have any idea what even paid to drop off and pick up his truck? That may be a realistic option also. Maybe get a deal on labor and let them use my truck as the gini pig for a "kit"

You just have horrible timing for your trips. I've made it to hollister 4 times this year :flipoff2:

I have a preorder on a Badlands 2 door as well. Interesting that you can get the sasquatch parts but not the package with 35s with the manual. For me it's a manual or nothing, so we'll see what the option list looks like come December when the preorders start.

Well I ended up with option #1

2.3 badlands with the 7spd. Immediately threw a 2" lift and new set of beadlocks and 37" coopers. The wheels i bought are 3-3/4" backspacing and the scrub radius is horrible. Stock is like 6-1/2" so now the tires crash into everything while steering. Tires are also 13.5 wide.

So I ordered up some 5" backspaced racelines and the same tires in a 12.5 wide. The set that didnt work will just go on my samurai.

20220619_155341.jpg

Anyhow, after I lifted it I ordered a set of rcv axles, all the "bronco buster" steering rack upgrades, a set of rpg tie rods and an adjustable rear track bar.

The main problem with the factory steering rack is there is no supports at the ends of the rams so when you lift it the added leverage due to tie rod angle distroys everything. These parts include a plastic bushing that c lips into the drivers side housing, and a new billet alluminum drive belt case that houses a metal bushing on the passenger side.

Drivers side piece goes in there
20220702_144605.jpg

20220702_144930.jpg

Passenger side gets this
20220702_100810.jpg
20220702_100838.jpg

Put on here
20220702_100847.jpg

Then the stock tie rods are approximately 3/8 at the threaded portion and are known to snap almost instantly wheeling with 37s. I went with a kit from rpg to replace them

20220702_105722.jpg

The rcv shafts were pretty straightforward and popped right in

20220702_132401.jpg

The whole dealio took about 6 steady hours to install. The lift took 10ish because I didnt do any research ahead of time and struggled with the wrong combination of the wrong tools and generally trying to do things ass backwards.

20220702_133234.jpg

6 weeks till the first rubicon trip so im anxious to get the new wheels and do a couple shake down runs.

Also have all the tubing ordered and im picking it up tuesday for the rock sliders. Going 2x2 square off the frame to a 2x2 runner just outside the pinch seam. From there its getting a standard hoop style 1-3/4" dom slider sticking out a few inches from the door.

Can you give the prices of the bronco specific aftermarket stuff?

Can you give the prices of the bronco specific aftermarket stuff?
Crazy Expensive since there are really no options right now.

The bronco buster steering parts were $1400, the rpg tie rod kit was $800, and the rcv axles were $2300.

I have a set of 2" front fox coilovers on order that are months out. Plan is/was to install those up front and raise the rear lower coilover mount that hangs below the axle by 2".

When I found out how long the wait was I ordered a 2" spacer lift for $250ish and a set of tubular upper controll arms for $800 ish.

Basically after everything... up till now im into it $52 for the truck and $10k for lift, steering, rcvs, beadlocks and tires.

With that all said im ordering a bronco raptor august 15th. Its basically built to handle 37s stock and has 400hp. When ever it shows up ill decide which one I keep... but I have a feeling the rcv shafts and steering will be getting swapped onto the braptor.

Crazy Expensive since there are really no options right now.

The bronco buster steering parts were $1400, the rpg tie rod kit was $800, and the rcv axles were $2300.

I have a set of 2" front fox coilovers on order that are months out. Plan is/was to install those up front and raise the rear lower coilover mount that hangs below the axle by 2".

When I found out how long the wait was I ordered a 2" spacer lift for $250ish and a set of tubular upper controll arms for $800 ish.

Basically after everything... up till now im into it $52 for the truck and $10k for lift, steering, rcvs, beadlocks and tires.

With that all said im ordering a bronco raptor august 15th. Its basically built to handle 37s stock and has 400hp. When ever it shows up ill decide which one I keep... but I have a feeling the rcv shafts and steering will be getting swapped onto the braptor.
God bless that you are successful, can provide for your family, and be able to afford all that shit. :beer:

Top Back Refresh