What's new

2 post lift tips

Gumbybronco

Member Number
I am working on a buggy on a 2-post lift and running into some challenges with pad placement up front. The weight bias is really forward with the back end not weighing much at all. The front suspension is radius arm with a panhard. Oh yeah, the 42”s don’t make it easy to get the lift arms forward either. Currently after a few up-and-downs, the front walks a little passenger side because of the panhard bar.

How are you all making something like this work?

Are you making a custom front pad/saddle?

IMG_3035.jpeg
IMG_3034.jpeg
IMG_3033.jpeg

Depending on how much tube access you have (looks like it's permanently paneled up a lot) this is the solution I came up with that works phenomenally.

Screenshot_20240328-202251.png

Works on links too. I can lift the chassis anywhere and it self aligns and will never fall off the lift. I have the bolt holes on the top so I can put a little linkage over the tube and then a pin under the arm so the chassis can't lift up (though never needed that).

PXL_20240110_022731337.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on how much tube access you have (looks like it's permanently paneled up a lot) this is the solution I came up with that works phenomenally.

Works on links too. I can lift the chassis anywhere and it self aligns and will never fall off the lift. I have the bolt holes on the top so I can put a little linkage over the tube and then a pin under the arm so the chassis can't lift up (though never needed that).

I like those mounts. I’ll see what I have to cobble something together. It would be nice to add rubber for painted tube work.

Looks like you could make the square end pieces taller and just run a bolt over the tube or link, no extra pieces needed.

Is the bottom of that pad held in? Mine are just dropped into a hole in the arm. You may need to pin the pad too.

Looks like you could make the square end pieces taller and just run a bolt over the tube or link, no extra pieces needed.

Is the bottom of that pad held in? Mine are just dropped into a hole in the arm. You may need to pin the pad too.

Yea that would certainly work and be a smart change.

Arm has a hole and there's a 3" or so piece of tube welded to the bottom of the mount that slides into the arm. Top picture you can see it hanging out the bottom a little.

Yea that would certainly work and be a smart change.

Arm has a hole and there's a 3" or so piece of tube welded to the bottom of the mount that slides into the arm. Top picture you can see it hanging out the bottom a little.

I can't tell if there's a hole in the tube sticking down. If not I'd pin that so it can't slide up out of the arm. I've done some sketchy stuff on my lift and have strapped several rigs to the arms when parting them out. So far it's kept them from falling on my noggin.

I can't tell if there's a hole in the tube sticking down. If not I'd pin that so it can't slide up out of the arm. I've done some sketchy stuff on my lift and have strapped several rigs to the arms when parting them out. So far it's kept them from falling on my noggin.
That's why I have excess poking out the bottom so pinning it is an option, but I've yet to need to hold it down to the lift so haven't actually tried it yet.

Top Back Refresh