What's new

Zippo Heaters

ChiScouter

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Back in my Boy Scout days I had one of these heaters. I remember trying to use it a few times but lost interest, not sure if it didn't make much heat or what. I do remember it made an odor that was not pleasant. I don't remember the brand but it had a red bag. Google search just now looks like Zippo is the current brand. Wondering if there were other brands in the 70's and if you guys have found these effective. FWIW I am aware of the modern chemical ones and charcoal sticks but I am only curious about the Zippo types

You thinking about John -E hand warmers? They look like a big zippo.........

I remember seeing those years ago. I never used one, but did hear they stink like Zippo lighter fluid 😝

A few years ago, Mrs got me rechargeable hand warmers. During part of Lacrosse season, the weather was cold and damp enough to trigger my Raynaud syndrome (not fun 🙁).

They could be used to charge a cellphone too :grinpimp:

You thinking about John -E hand warmers? They look like a big zippo.........

Did a google search on that and yes it was a John E by Aladdin. Same concept as the new Zippos but the Zippo has a removable and replaceable burner. I was never impressed with the John E I wonder if the Zippo works better

Those zippo hand warmers are awesome. And the ones my buddy has don't stink. Light it, use it, put it in the bag, pull it out and it heats up again somehow...They're killer.:smokin:

Had one and used it for years. I actually got it from my dad and it was old when he gave it to me. Fill it with fluid, put it in the red bag and no smell, it worked like a hot damn... bonus was it had a hole you could light a cig from. I can't find it since we moved last year but if I can't I hope I can find another that works just as well.

Had one and used it for years. I actually got it from my dad and it was old when he gave it to me. Fill it with fluid, put it in the red bag and no smell, it worked like a hot damn... bonus was it had a hole you could light a cig from. I can't find it since we moved last year but if I can't I hope I can find another that works just as well.

Was there was a star-like pattern stamped through the lid in which a cigarette would could be inserted in the center opening? That one? It did work awesome, kept my hands warm!

Green pouch not red, stamp says made in hongkong star is to small for a cig to pass through.
IMG_20210105_102406.jpg

Was there was a star-like pattern stamped through the lid in which a cigarette would could be inserted in the center opening? That one? It did work awesome, kept my hands warm!

This one. I had everything in the pic too. I've been through everything and can't find it.:mad3:

download.png

Reactions: IGT
My wife got me one a few years ago for Xmas, so they are still around. I've never found the need for hand warmers even on snow trips and I never got a chance to use it. Her mom is obsessed with those chemical hand warmers, which never work for me.

I got the wife and her parents heated jackets off Amazon last year that are actually really nice quality. They seem to like them. They have 2 zones, torso and pockets.

Both her and her mom got me heated socks for Xmas :confused: no idea why, I have decent snow boots. I tried using them 3 times now in the snow or cold, but never turned them on.

Got momma one for ice fishing. She likes and uses it.

No smell, other than the lighter fluid, which is no big deal. Works great.

I'd bet some of them being smelly is from guys using normal gasoline in them rather than zippo naptha or coleman white gas

Top Back Refresh