What's new

Your custom welding cart

Anything that works decent outside on gravel and fine inside?

Tires with wind in them seem like something begging to go flat.

Almost flipped my cart last week while dragging it outside. The lawnmower wheels just sink and I have to drag it while lifting the casters off the ground.

It's a Lincoln cart that I put bigger tires on probably 10 years ago. Used to have a plasma cutter on it, but it made it way too hard to move outside.

Lincoln Electric Welding Cart K2275-3, Easy Transport for Welder, 80 Cu Ft Gas Cylinder, Weld Cables and Accessories, Dual Tier with Angled Top Shelf, Two Wheels, Heavy Duty Steel, Black Amazon.com

Last edited:
I dig the tool cart conversions.

My mig rolls around on a harbor freight stand that was a gift. Would like to bend up some tube for its own custom cart some day.

Below is my Syncrowave. Constructed from a wrecked cherry picker and salvage from the “cart” the welder came on. It seems silly being so high but it made the most sense for my work space to keep the cooler underneath.
IMG_5614.jpeg
IMG_5579.jpeg
IMG_5607.jpeg

I dig the tool cart conversions.

My mig rolls around on a harbor freight stand that was a gift. Would like to bend up some tube for its own custom cart some day.

Below is my Syncrowave. Constructed from a wrecked cherry picker and salvage from the “cart” the welder came on. It seems silly being so high but it made the most sense for my work space to keep the cooler underneath.
IMG_5614.jpeg
IMG_5579.jpeg
IMG_5607.jpeg

Where are those shelf brackets from? I like that they don't take up much room vs ones with diagonal braces

So most of these carts have hard casters, poly or maybe semi-pneumatic, which is fine for rolling across concrete, but when I welded up a shader for the horses, it was a royal PITA to move the cart from spot to spot, soft dirt, pine grindings and alfalfa bits made it so it was just easier to pick the damn thing up and move it, (Miller 211 with small bottle of mix). Anyone running 46" claws or such to make it easier to roll on less than perfect surfaces?

So most of these carts have hard casters, poly or maybe semi-pneumatic, which is fine for rolling across concrete, but when I welded up a shader for the horses, it was a royal PITA to move the cart from spot to spot, soft dirt, pine grindings and alfalfa bits made it so it was just easier to pick the damn thing up and move it, (Miller 211 with small bottle of mix). Anyone running 46" claws or such to make it easier to roll on less than perfect surfaces?
Did you read post one?

:lmao: Gotdamnit. I got fixated on how low the shelf for the welder was and didn't even look at the tyres.
Yeah the shelf design is too low for me so I think I want to do a hybrid approach with two trays for clamps, brush, hammer and gloves but the wheels will be great for across the lawn

Yeah the shelf design is too low for me so I think I want to do a hybrid approach with two trays for clamps, brush, hammer and gloves but the wheels will be great for across the lawn
Shit, I've got a handtruck that I haven't used in years that I'm sure I could modify. Hmmm, project number 1483.

Shit, I've got a handtruck that I haven't used in years that I'm sure I could modify. Hmmm, project number 1483.
Originally bought a hand cart to do this… but I use that darn hand cart as god intended

Cheapo Harbor Freight cart I bought and cut down so it fits under the camper shell of my truck, with HF larger wheel upgrade. I specifically put this together right before a job I had that required dragging the welder all around out in the dirt, and it worked excellent for that. After how easy it is to roll over hoses and cords, or even 2x4s in the shop, I try to use the largest wheels I can on anything rolling now. Tiny wheels are the devil:homer:

I vowed as soon as that job was over, I was going to build a real classy upgraded version out of aluminum, but it's been like this for a few years now...

IMG_7399.jpeg

Where are those shelf brackets from? I like that they don't take up much room vs ones with diagonal braces
I hope someone can answer for both of us. They were in the garage when I bought the home. Haven’t researched them but I’m glad to have as much as I do. Very handy and sturdy.
IMG_6620.jpeg
IMG_6621.jpeg
IMG_6622.jpeg

20230912_083529.jpg
20230912_083543.jpg

I made this one for a place I do a lot of side work/volunteering. I do a lot of welding for them, the welder lived on a plastic Uline cart which sucked, so once they got the bottle I told them that's it I am building a cart out of what I can find around here. Made out of 100% used repurposed stuff, and a million times better then the plastic cart

Anything that works decent outside on gravel and fine inside?

Tires with wind in them seem like something begging to go flat.

Almost flipped my cart last week while dragging it outside. The lawnmower wheels just sink and I have to drag it while lifting the casters off the ground.

It's a Lincoln cart that I put bigger tires on probably 10 years ago. Used to have a plasma cutter on it, but it made it way too hard to move outside.

Lincoln Electric Welding Cart K2275-3, Easy Transport for Welder, 80 Cu Ft Gas Cylinder, Weld Cables and Accessories, Dual Tier with Angled Top Shelf, Two Wheels, Heavy Duty Steel, Black Amazon.com

I Put 14" tires on the drives and 7" casters on the steers, way better.

I hope someone can answer for both of us. They were in the garage when I bought the home. Haven’t researched them but I’m glad to have as much as I do. Very handy and sturdy.
IMG_6620.jpeg
IMG_6621.jpeg
IMG_6622.jpeg

i made some racking like this on the CNC few years ago for a client to put in a trailer. he put a spacer behind the upright so the interlocking tab cleared the wall and bang..... down the road he went. forgot all about it till i saw these pics, def need to dig the file out and make some for my new shop!

BT³

Buying a Millermatic 211 and was going to just get the Miller cart but talked myself out of it since I want to be able to use my truck mounted crane to lift it up bottle and all into the back of the truck. Also debating on adding my oxy acytelene torches as well. Thoughts?

BT³

Buying a Millermatic 211 and was going to just get the Miller cart but talked myself out of it since I want to be able to use my truck mounted crane to lift it up bottle and all into the back of the truck. Also debating on adding my oxy acytelene torches as well. Thoughts?
Two carts. Don't add the torches to the welding buggy or it will suck to move and not fit in places you probably need it.

BT³

Dont hook the torch stuff to the welding cart, thats a bit much.

We made up a torch box that you set in the bed and it just hooked onto the lumber rack. Was bad ass to be able to grab the whole shebang and boom it up to whatever broke in the pit with a gradall. :smokin:

My old man built this one when he bought this 211 The only thing I'd do differently is the wheel selection, the slightest pebble will stop it dead in it's tracks.

PXL_20231021_200233423.jpg

Top Back Refresh