What's new

You ever not like a particular car brand and then unwillingly realize you do?

Mercedes, I bought a cheap used one a lot of years ago and it's turned into the best cheap used vehicle I've owned.

I never been a GM guy but the 98 GMC k2500 is growing on me. Fixing it is like playing with legos and parts are super cheap. 208k miles and runs great.

Honda. I LOVE Honda bikes but I always talked big shit about their cars, then I drove a late model Civic Si and ended up buying a 2013. It was a short lived deal because it got rearended and totalled 2 weeks after I bought it but I did dig it. I bought a '96 Civic LX off a customer a couple years ago with a blown head gasket. Got it running and gave it a good clean up and decided I best drive it for a week before I sold it, after about 3 days I decided I REALLY needed to write the for-sale ad before I found a way to justify keeping it for myself.

As far as the Kias go, I know they've come a long way since the 90's but man, I just can't wrap my head around buying a new Kia over a 5-10 year old Honda or Toyota for anything but the warranty.

Last edited:
Renault. Fuckin love em

1452787848-reliant.gif?crop=1xw:0.9971098265895953xh;center,top&resize=480:*.gif

Honda. I LOVE Honda bikes but I always talked big shit about their cars, then I drove a late model Civic Si and ended up buying a 2013. It was a short lived deal because it got rearended and totalled 2 weeks after I bought it but I did dig it. I bought a '96 Civic LX off a customer a couple years ago with a blown head gasket. Got it running and gave it a good clean up and decided I best drive it for a week before I sold it, after about 3 days I decided I REALLY needed to write the for-sale ad before I found a way to justify keeping it for myself.

As far as the Kias go, I know they've come a long way since the 90's but man, I just can't wrap my head around buying a new Kia over a 5-10 year old Honda or Toyota for anything but the warranty.

It'd be nice to live somewhere where one could consider a 5-10 year old Toyota truck. Everything rusts here, but Toyota frames especially, fall apart.

It was totally unexpected

Morris 1100

Pronounced "One One Hundred"

Kind of like 'Nine Eleven'

But better

I never thought I would become a Hyundai/Kia fan. My wife's first car was a 2000 accent, which we would still be driving if it wasn't for an unfortunate rock slide incident. Her current car is a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, i have also owned a 2010 Elantra and currently drive a 2014 Accent hatchback manual trans as my daily driver. Wife is starting to look for a bigger SUV to replace her Tucson, so naturally we are leaning toward the mew Hyundai Palisade.

Hyundai in 2000 is about where Toyota/Honda were in the early 1980s. But the effect isn't as dramatic b/c cars are so much higher quality nowadays. But it was a try-hard company that was going to pack a lot in for low money, and make it reliable. They were hungry and maybe still are. Some of their performance cars seem actually interesting, and most modern Asian performance vehicles leave me flat.

I absolutely hated everything Toyota for the longest time. They always felt "tinny" and "tiny."

I then was left my 97 Tacoma from my aunt that died. Shortly after I started looking for a truck. Found out the back window on the Tundra rolls down. Went and drove one and fell in love with it. I sold my 17 Infiniti Q50S and went and found a 2nd Gen 2012 Tundra Crewmax with the 5.7L. I've had a lot of Chevy trucks in the past, but probably like this Tundra more than any of them.

You should feel what it was like to drive an 'original' Toyota truck. I don't think you can find an 'original and unrestored' version anymore, but god they were good stock. Better than Taco and Tundra for sure. I'm not saying the last two are bad, I've had both, but the original Toy pickup and 4runner were incredible.

It's weird how they can be light and strong and solid at the same time. Also for a 1/4 ton truck, the 'original' Toys are overbuilt as hell.

You should feel what it was like to drive an 'original' Toyota truck. I don't think you can find an 'original and unrestored' version anymore, but god they were good stock. Better than Taco and Tundra for sure. I'm not saying the last two are bad, I've had both, but the original Toy pickup and 4runner were incredible.

It's weird how they can be light and strong and solid at the same time. Also for a 1/4 ton truck, the 'original' Toys are overbuilt as hell.

The plan, hopefully pick up a 1st Gen 4 runner for the family rig. But fuck they're expensive, even beat on.

I have always been a truck/Jeep guy until we got my Wife a new Subaru WRX sedan back in 2005.

I "inherited" her sedan when we got her a WRX wagon. I put 130k trouble free miles on that car and modded it the whole way. Parted ways with the 05' and got into an 09'.

The Subaru was, hands down, the most capable vehicle I have ever driven in the snow and bad weather. I would swap Forester suspension on it every winter (2" lift) and run 27" snow tires.

Summer mode:
IMG_0151.JPG

Winter mode:

IMG_0190.JPG

An 09 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0 5 speed . I never liked Fords, bought the Ranger a few years ago because it was there and I needed a vehicle...The Ranger turned out to be better than expected. Good gear ratios,the engine makes enough power at lower speeds, the handling and steering feei is nice, better than a same year Tacoma I drove. Decent fuel mileage, not bad at all...

I have always been a truck/Jeep guy until we got my Wife a new Subaru WRX sedan back in 2005.

H]

That's the way I feel about Mitsubishi, which I guess is my car for this thread. Mine was a rental, everyone told me they are a POS. But damn does that Galante drive and feel awesome. Great car.

Mitsubishi makes ships, huge forgings, and other heavy industrial crap so they don't care about their cars I guess.

An 09 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0 5 speed . I never liked Fords, bought the Ranger a few years ago because it was there and I needed a vehicle...The Ranger turned out to be better than expected. Good gear ratios,the engine makes enough power at lower speeds, the handling and steering feei is nice, better than a same year Tacoma I drove. Decent fuel mileage, not bad at all...

I can't believe how many people are saying the Ranger is good.

In defense of the Tacoma, it's a 25 year old design, which is good.

Puts hand in pockets, looks down embarrassed, kicks rock, ...... Subaru

Never really hated any, but have held an irrational dislike of Hondas and things like Camry's because they seem like vanilla appliances. I'll never know if my opinion would change upon owning, because I never will 😂

Fords have grown on me. GM everything until then. Was looking for a G body for the longest time that wasn't trashed, and happened up on a grand marquis that was an ex florida car, couldn't say no to a rust free car, even if it was a ford. Rear drive, v8, frame. Sold. Now I own another ford.

Another vote for Kia. I would have never bought one until my wife wanted to check them out. They are great cars lots of features, killer warranty and look good too,

Oh, shit... Not a brand, but a model.

I actually bought a fucking Prius last year. Got it for a song, too, due to warning lights and limited capabilities (just needed rear hubs with the speed sensor harnesses).

I started a position that has me driving up to 1500 miles per week, so it already paid for itself. IDGAF that its homo-ghey as shit, its a money-maker.

That's the way I feel about Mitsubishi, which I guess is my car for this thread. Mine was a rental, everyone told me they are a POS. But damn does that Galante drive and feel awesome. Great car.

Mitsubishi makes ships, huge forgings, and other heavy industrial crap so they don't care about their cars I guess.

I can't believe how many people are saying the Ranger is good.

In defense of the Tacoma, it's a 25 year old design, which is good.

Every time I see a Montero or Evo IX it reminds me of a time when most of their lineup was cool. I'm surprised they don't have a factory here producing a Triton & Pajero for the US market. The crossover fad isn't going to last forever.

Top Back Refresh