What's new

Yj rears causing driveshaft noise and vibration

ZeroFux

Member Number
Has anyone had problems with noise and vibration after adding yj rear springs?
Im going nuts trying to find the cause of vibration when coasting or just cruising. I’ve shimmed rear axel, shimmed transfer case, put new u joints on, made sure pinion flange is parallel with case flange, etc etc. I removed one inch puck extender and welded on 2 inches of splines from different yoke. I’m running out of ideas.
Thanks for any input.

Did it lift it at all? Are spoa?

Might just be too steep of an angle.
It added about inch and a half. Other people that swapped springs only had to add a spacer onto their driveshaft, and had no problems.
It does have the mini spool installed.

Were you shimming to match measured ujoint angles, or just shimming to be shimming in hopes it would fix the issue? If the latter, angle finders are cheap. Buy one and measure the actual ujoint angles, to eliminate mismatched angles being the issue.
Speaking of ujoints/driveshafts...the driveshaft yokes are phased correctly, right?
Did you extend the splined portion at the same time you did the YJs or after you noticed the vibration/noise after the YJs?

Pinion rotated up? If so you need a cv rear shaft.

Maybe adjust your driveshaft phase 180 degrees (and make sure it's phased right as I'm sure you know)

Top Back Refresh